Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

First time posting, but have read through these threads extensively. I am Australian and I am planning on applying for the Fiancé Visa at the end of Oct/Early Nov this year (for the UK).

I know for the F(LRM) visa, proving your residence is really important, and its probably best to be on the tenancy agreement (lease) which I was planning to do once I am over there. HOWEVER, is this something I should be thinking about now for the Fiancé Visa?

I had lived in with my boyfriend for 4 months in the flat that he currently rents over in London. He has 1 other housemate and all 3 of us can definitely live there without being on top of each other (its a 2 bedroom with a spacious living room and kitchen).

I was going to get his flatmate to write a letter saying we all lived there for 4 months with no issue, however is it worth me actually getting a letter from his landlord saying its cool for me to live there and the flat is suitable for 3 people? Should I attempt to get on the lease?

Sorry if this has been asked before, I had a look but couldn't find the answer to my question. THANKS!

·
Registered
7,374 Posts
As part of the visa application you have to show that you have accommodation available for when you enter the UK.

So, if you intend to live in the apartment your fiance currently lives in, then he has to get the landlord's permission for you to live there. He also has to show that the apartment will not be overcrowded.

You don't have to get proof that you previously lived there.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so much. I assume that a letter from the landlord granting permission should be enough?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.