Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have created a thread regarding the refusal of my Fiance visa but somehow i cannot find it. I have not gotten the letter yet, but once I do, I would really need your advice on reapplying... Thank u

·
Registered
558 Posts
I'm sure people here will try and help you...

We applied for fiance visa too and got refused then now re-applying, hoping for the best

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Hi all,

I have created a thread regarding the refusal of my Fiance visa but somehow i cannot find it. I have not gotten the letter yet, but once I do, I would really need your advice on reapplying... Thank u
Once you get the letter type it out here (omitting personal details) and we will help you. Much easier when we know why your application was refused.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Once you get the letter type it out here (omitting personal details) and we will help you. Much easier when we know why your application was refused.
Hi Leanna,

Thank you so much for your kind support and the reply. Now that they have sent my documents back through FEDEX and it was suppose to be here today, so I called the fedex office and they said that the UK custom service has is not clearing my package so that Fedex can deliver it to US to my address.
I am not sure why the UK CS has kept my documents, now I have to worry about this as well on top of the refusal of my visa ...

I wish you best of luck :)

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm sure people here will try and help you...

We applied for fiance visa too and got refused then now re-applying, hoping for the best
Thank you Pultet,

I am still waiting for my refusal letter and documents which as suppose to be delivered today but when I called Fedex they said that my package has been held at the UK Custom service.. not sure what is going on..

Good luck to you ..

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you Pultet,

I am still waiting for my refusal letter and documents which as suppose to be delivered today but when I called Fedex they said that my package has been held at the UK Custom service.. not sure what is going on..

Good luck to you ..
On which ground did they refuse your application?

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Really need your guidance guys..

So after waiting for such a long time, today I got my refusal letter.

Here are the reasons they have mentioned for the refusal:

• Your sponsor is not exempt from the financial requirements as defined in paragraph E-ECP.3.3. I am not able to take into account any potential employment you have available to you in the UK or any offers of financial support from third parties. In order to meet the financial requirements of the Rules your sponsor needs a gross income of at least £18,600 per annum. You state in your application that your sponsor is unemployed. In order to qualify, you and your sponsor require £62,500 in savings in order to meet the financial requirements. You state in your application that you have $53,000. This is equivalent to £33,053 at the current exchange rate of £1 = $1.60. I therefore refuse your application under paragraph EC-P.1.1(d) of Appendix FM of the Immigration Rules. (E-ECP.3.1)
• You have not provided 6 months bank statements as evidence of your cash savings.( I have provided with my bank statement signed by my bank. I thought you have to have at least 18, 000 pounds not more then that??)

English language:

• You are not exempt from the English language requirement under paragraph E-ECP.4.2. Additionally, you are not a national of a majority English speaking country listed in paragraph GEN 1.6; have not passed an English language test (A1 Level of Common European Framework) with a provider approved by UKBA and do not hold an academic qualification recognised by NARIC UK to be the equivalent to the standard of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or PhD in the UK, which was taught in English. I therefore refuse your application under paragraph EC-P.1.1(d) of Appendix FM of the Immigration Rules. (E-ECP.4.1)

(I have my bachular degree from one of the top univiersities in the US and i have provided them my original degree. )

I really need your help in order to correct these errors and reapply again.. Thank you all in advance ..

G

·
Oh dear i am sorry. English language aside you wouldnt qualify with those savings. £18,600 is what you need if your sponsor is employed. That is the wage he needs to be receiving yearly. As he is not working you need £62,500 in savings to qualify on savings alone.

Is your sponsor able to find a job so you can apply again using their income or a combination of income and savings?

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh dear i am sorry. English language aside you wouldnt qualify with those savings. £18,600 is what you need if your sponsor is employed. That is the wage he needs to be receiving yearly. As he is not working you need £62,500 in savings to qualify on savings alone.

Is your sponsor able to find a job so you can apply again using their income or a combination of income and savings?
Thank you so much for your reply. As you know that finding jobs now a days in England is not easy. But if we arrange more cash for fulfill the 62,500 pounds requirement( would that work?).

Regarding my English, i thought if you graduated from any English speaking universities you will be fine, and I graduated from one of the top universities in California two years ago, plus, I have a job in Washington, DC.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thank you so much for your reply. As you know that finding jobs now a days in England is not easy. But if we arrange more cash for fulfill the 62,500 pounds requirement( would that work?).

Regarding my English, i thought if you graduated from any English speaking universities you will be fine, and I graduated from one of the top universities in California two years ago, plus, I have a job in Washington, DC.
You would need to have the money in your account for 6 month before you apply

·
Registered
368 Posts
Hi waiting stars,
Did they not ask u to appeal??? Anyway re-applying is the best option if money is not the criteria.
Shel have well explained about the financial problem u faced, so I guess its clear that £18,600 is for those who earn this income yearly and is not the amount to show in bank as deposit.
Regarding the English language requirement- I myselfwas refused even after submitting my masters and bachelor's degrees but were photocopies- they denied me for not submitting the originals. I am Masters in English but still on the safe side have undergone the UK- NARIC assessment and have qualified with the level C1 under CEFR and now will b submitting them.
It took only a week for me to get this certificate- So go for it and have it done before the re-application.

Best of luck

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi waiting stars,
Did they not ask u to appeal??? Anyway re-applying is the best option if money is not the criteria.
Shel have well explained about the financial problem u faced, so I guess its clear that £18,600 is for those who earn this income yearly and is not the amount to show in bank as deposit.
Regarding the English language requirement- I myselfwas refused even after submitting my masters and bachelor's degrees but were photocopies- they denied me for not submitting the originals. I am Masters in English but still on the safe side have undergone the UK- NARIC assessment and have qualified with the level C1 under CEFR and now will b submitting them.
It took only a week for me to get this certificate- So go for it and have it done before the re-application.

Best of luck
Hi,

Thank you for the reply. They did ask me to appeal. but i learned from this form that re-applying is better than an appeal.

So, for the language thing, where can i take this taste in the US? I have submitted my original degree from the US university. but still they refused..

·
Registered
368 Posts
I'm on my way to re-apply

Juhi are you not re-applying? what happened to your application?
Yes, I am - have been working on it since my refusal and I am almost done, need to make myself 100% sure now before applying as we are three applicants (me and my two kids) and cannot risk our money again.

·
Registered
7,368 Posts
Hi,

Thank you for the reply. They did ask me to appeal. but i learned from this form that re-applying is better than an appeal.

So, for the language thing, where can i take this taste in the US? I have submitted my original degree from the US university. but still they refused..
Your degree is not the most important issue here.

You obviously do not understand the financial requirements. I suggest you review the following document to see if you can meet the criteria. It is your sponsor in the UK (your fiance?) who has to have the necessary finances. Since they do not have an income the finances will need to be made up from savings/investments.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/s...DIs/chp8-annex/section-FM-1.7.pdf?view=Binary

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Your degree is not the most important issue here.

You obviously do not understand the financial requirements. I suggest you review the following document to see if you can meet the criteria. It is your sponsor in the UK (your fiance?) who has to have the necessary finances. Since they do not have an income the finances will need to be made up from savings/investments.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/s...DIs/chp8-annex/section-FM-1.7.pdf?view=Binary
Thank you. You are right, I did not understand the financial requirement when I was filling my application. Yes, my Fiance is in the UK. I have some savings on my bank here in the US but it was not fulfilling the requirements. But I can arrange the savings into my bank account, is it find if the savings are under my bank account?

·
Registered
7,368 Posts
Thank you. You are right, I did not understand the financial requirement when I was filling my application. Yes, my Fiance is in the UK. I have some savings on my bank here in the US but it was not fulfilling the requirements. But I can arrange the savings into my bank account, is it find if the savings are under my bank account?
Please read section 7 of the document I linked. It explains how savings/investments can be used. They can be in the name of the applicant, the partner or jointly.

You must have the full amount in the banking account for at least 6 months.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.