Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi folks!

My fiancé has now submitted his fiancé Visa application, although we are still waiting for his biometrics appointment before submitting our documents. I just have a couple of questions that I was hoping someone could help me with.

Firstly, for a settlement visa documents must be sent to Sheffield in the UK. I am flying to Los Angeles tomorrow and will return to England on Monday. Would it be possible for me to submit the documents to Sheffield in order to save on the cost of posting them from Los Angeles? Or, as it is his application, would it just be better to send them from the US? We don't want it to seem strange.

Secondly, on the application form it asks about his travel both to the UK and to other countries outside of the UK in the last 10 years. When talking about the UK, he mentioned a trip we took last year in which we also visited Paris. However, we forgot to mention these few days in Paris when answering the question about other travel outside of the UK. Should we put a handwritten correction on the printed application form that we're sending in with our documents? Or is there somewhere else we should mention this omission?

Thank you! :)

·
Registered
39,126 Posts
Sending to Sheffield from UK seems ok, provided the return address and waybill bears the applicant's US address. For the return waybill, most people open an account with FedEx, which may have to be done in US.
Yes, just make a handwritten correction in the printed-out form with a note that you have done so. Not getting travel history 100% right isn't a biggie.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.