Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've been reading a few posts with regards to the Fiancé visa but have a couple of questions that I couldn't find a clear answer to, any help would be greatly appreciated!

My fiancé is Australian, I am British, he was over here in the UK on a two year visa and is going back to Aus to apply for the fiancé visa.

1. Should I remain in the UK during the application process?
I obviously want to be with him but also want the application process to be as smooth, easy and quick as possible.

2. Can you use emails as evidence?
For example would my landlady be able to email me to say she is happy for him to live with me (which she is and he has been living with me for months)?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give!

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
1 - It would be best for you to remain in the UK, he would be appling to Join Family (fiancé) in the UK. Also, you need to meet the financial requirement to support his application (you will need to be employed or have sufficient savings).
2 - You should obtain verification from your landlady on stationary with an original signature. You also should provide your tenancy agreement. There are some other requirements for accommodation depending on your individual circumstances, such as if it is shared housing.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Yes, if it is a shared house you need to have an inspection done to prove it would not be overcrowded. This can sometimes be arranged through the local council or from a private agency. You can expect this to cost around £75-100.

Oh, and I believe with shared housing you also need to provide information on all the other tenants - passport information/immigration status.

·
Super Moderator
18,073 Posts
Hi,

I've been reading a few posts with regards to the Fiancé visa but have a couple of questions that I couldn't find a clear answer to, any help would be greatly appreciated!

My fiancé is Australian, I am British, he was over here in the UK on a two year visa and is going back to Aus to apply for the fiancé visa.

1. Should I remain in the UK during the application process?
I obviously want to be with him but also want the application process to be as smooth, easy and quick as possible.
It's up to you but you do need to meet the financial requirement. If you are away from the UK how will that affect your ability to meet the financial requirement?

2. Can you use emails as evidence?
For example would my landlady be able to email me to say she is happy for him to live with me (which she is and he has been living with me for months)?
Documents need to be originals.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.