Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. Here is the current document list we have for our fiancé visa application - ready for suggestions and corrections if anyone gets chance please! We are hitting "confirm" and paying on Tuesday/ Wednesday this week, so are yet to print out the application but we will do.

We are applying for settlement - settlement - marriage under Category A financial requirement.

Applicant
Online form printed off (to be done this week)
Appendix 2 filled out by hand
Passport
One passport photo
Introductory letter
IELTs Life Skills A1 certificate from a provider on the new approved list
Employment letter if the employer agrees, which up until now they have not, so this may not be included (I have posted previously about this).

Sponsor
Colour copy of passport bio page
Letter of introduction

Financial Supporting Documents from Sponsor's employment
6 months of payslips (last one dated end of May)
6 months of bank statements (last one dated 1st June)
P60
Letter from employer confirming job role, salary, length of time on that salary, how long employed with the company and that my contract is permanent. Dated 1st June.
Employment contract.

Accommodation
Immigration Inspection from local council confirming no overcrowding dated two weeks ago
Letter of no objection from home owner dated 6th June
Council tax bill in home owner's name issued April 2015 with monthly installments to 2016 outlined
Land Registry documents showing ownership

Proof of intent to marry
Wedding ceremony booking at approved registry office - provisional letter received with our names and the provisional booking
Receipt for payment of wedding ceremony booking at registry office
Letter of confirmation of payment for ceremony booking
Receipt for wedding rings

Relationship
Communication log for past four years with one instance of communication for each month we did not see each other; mixture of Whatsapp, Skype and Emails. 12 pages in total. (I screen grabbed everything and put it on a word doc and printed out).
Photos on photo paper attached to card with annotation of date and place below: 12 photos in total from over the past four years.
Travel record list - 16 instances of travel summarised, varying from 3 days to ten weeks with how evidenced as I have lost the email confirmation for two of the trips and have to use copies of the visa stamps in my passport/ boarding passes.
Email confirmation for all but two trips printed out.

Any feedback would be very much appreciated.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I think it looks good. Good luck :)

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
Looks pretty perfect, you've clearly done your research. Are you the homeowner? If not, I assume the letter of no objection confirms your rental agreement and your fiancé's permission to live there?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you! Lots of research and reading the posts of people on here has helped so much, most of my understanding of best practice has come from spending hours reading the forum.

The application was submitted last week, biometrics to be done next week.

The house is owned with no mortgage by a parent. There is no rental agreement as no rent! The letter of no objection confirms both myself and my fiance can live at the property as long as we like and that I pay the household bills. I have included a letter of no objection, the land registry documents (in my parent's name) and the council tax bill in their name and a housing inspection by the local council confirming two empty bedrooms and no overcrowding. Hopefully this will be ok?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Our fiancé visa application was approved. We also included a flight itinerary which I forgot to put in the above list. My fiancé did manage to get a letter from his employer, confirming job, salary, length of employment etc.

I just want to check, can my fiancé enter at any point within the 6 months now that the visa has been approved? We put 14th August as intended date of travel on the application to allow for processing time and handing in notice at work etc and the visa is valid from 2nd July (received today). I read something about 30 day entry for another visa type I think, so I am just checking - if anyone can give their opinion, that would be very much appreciated.

Also, there is nothing that states my fiancé must register at the police within 7 days of arrival from Egypt on the visa but I am sure I read on the .gov website that people from Egypt do need to register, can anyone help here please with what the process is and what documents need to be submitted if he does need to register?

The experience and opinion of everyone on the forum has been a real help, thank you to everyone who responded to my questions and to everyone who has posted their experience, it has been of great assistance in our application planning and submission.

I'm sure I will have questions about the next stage - I'll be reading up on the FLR(M) threads now!

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Congratulations!

Your fiancé should arrive in time to give notice, get married and apply for FLR(M). 14th August as a travel date should allow plenty of time on a 2 July visa valid for six months.

The documents required for FLR(M) are largely the same as the fiancé visa, plus the marriage certificate. And of course anything subject to the 28 day rule should be updated.

·
Super Moderator
18,073 Posts
With a fiance visa you can enter at any time from the valid from the the valid to date. It's visas that are issued for longer than 6 months which require you to enter the UK 30 days from the day the travel vignette is dated so this does not apply to your fiance.

Here is a link to information on registering with the police:

https://www.gov.uk/register-with-the-police

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you very much Pallykin and Nyclon. Hopefully we will be submitting our document list for FLR(M) in a couple of months. I will continue to follow the threads of everyone else's experience for best practice!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.