Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my husband came over from the USA on 9th April on a fiancée visa and we just got married on October 1st. We now want to apply for permanent so he can work. Is this the flr (m) form? And what happens if it doesn't get approved by the 9th October? The 6 months fiancé visa will then be expired. We are really stuck with this and we were not aware that we would have to pay for a whole new application. Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
18,065 Posts
Yes, it's FLR (M). There is no possible way he'll be approved before 9 October but he will be covered by the terms of his fiance visa whilst FLR is being processed. He needs to get on line and get the application filled out and paid for and biometrics arranged before 9 October.

FLR (M) will be good for 2.5 years once issued and then he'll have to renew again for another 2.5 years.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Would it be best to go with the priority option and book an appointment at an office? Or paper application? The earliest appointment I can see is 4th November would this be ok as long as it is paid for by the 9th? Thank you for helping

·
Registered
39,082 Posts
Postal processing time is now down to 1-2 months so you won't be waiting for ever.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can I fill out the application online? I'm looking but I can only see book an appointment online for the premium service. How can I pay online? Thank you for taking the time to reply.

·
Registered
39,082 Posts
You can, but you can just as easily download FLR(M) form, complete by hand and post it. The page you should be looking at is UK Border Agency | Applying from inside the UK. When making paper application, you just complete the payment section at the front of the form and money will be collected after you post it with supporting documents (use special delivery). They will write to you to invite you to get biometrics done.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.