Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

everyone!

I'm a Mexican who's recently gotten engaged to my longtime Polish partner, and I have a few questions about the visa process for fiancé(e)s.

i was refused because i did not send it a provisional marriage date, but when my boyfriend went to the civil registration, they told him, they can not arrangement any date until i get there, i have been calling to have an answer but nobody can help us, can some one explain me please how is the process to have a provisional marriage date??, i appeal to the upper tribunal but were really worry about it.
sorry for my english :confused:

·
Registered
39,079 Posts
Hi

everyone!

I'm a Mexican who's recently gotten engaged to my longtime Polish partner, and I have a few questions about the visa process for fiancé(e)s.

i was refused because i did not send it a provisional marriage date, but when my boyfriend went to the civil registration, they told him, they can not arrangement any date until i get there, i have been calling to have an answer but nobody can help us, can some one explain me please how is the process to have a provisional marriage date??, i appeal to the upper tribunal but were really worry about it.
All you need is a provisional date (booking) for the ceremony, venue for reception etc. It's true you cannot give notice of marriage until you have your visa and are in UK, but they aren't talking about that.
So enclose receipts for deposit and other communications as proof.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi joppa,
thanks for helping me but we are no planning to have a recepcion because my family ( in Mexico ) and his family in poland, are not avaible to join us, what we supous to do in the case, we were planning to do somthing really small just for both or us, is that possible or, we have to do some ceremony or reception?

thanks again

·
Registered
83 Posts
I dont know where you are located, but my fiance'e is in England and what he did was, went to a registry office, we had both chosen a date and so he asked to book a ceremony for this day, they asked for my name and that was pretty much it. Because I am out of the country, they mailed him out a paper stating our names, date of ceremony to take place and a message stating that I need to land in the UK by xx-xx-xxxx date or the ceremony will b cancelled and an extra £250 will be needed. Can he not get a letter stating a prospective marriage date?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hello

mistbound4england.

he went registry office in Luton, and they gave him a latter wich says they are not allowed to give him any date because i am out of the contry, he sent the letter to the upper tibunal to proof them,, but we still worry about it.

·
Registered
39,079 Posts
hello

mistbound4england.

he went registry office in Luton, and they gave him a latter wich says they are not allowed to give him any date because i am out of the contry, he sent the letter to the upper tibunal to proof them,, but we still worry about it.
Register office staff in Luton are just being fussy and unhelpful. People need a provisional booking for the ceremony regardless of where they live because wedding hall gets booked up for weekends etc. Failing that, get a provisional booking for a car, hairdresser and book a small reception (a table in a restaurant, say) to have meals together. You need to have at least two witnesses to your marriage.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.