Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I haven't posted in awhile as circumstances have changed and my fiance and I have decided to get married in the UK instead of the US. I will be the one moving to Scotland from the US, as my fiance is British. So please bear with me if my questions have already been answered in another thread.

I thought I read somewhere that when I apply for the visa and send in all my supporting documents, I will have to send in my fiance's passport, too? I don't see this on the UKBA website, though. Am I making this up, or is it good to send in his passport?

Also, do I have to get an apostille for any of my documents like my US birth certificate or divorce certificate? They are both certified, of course.

And can I add in letters from friends stating that they met my fiance when he came to the US into the supporting documents? We don't have too many pictures, but we have lots of other supporting documents.

Thanks in advance for answering these questions that have probably already been answered! :eek:

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
I thought I read somewhere that when I apply for the visa and send in all my supporting documents, I will have to send in my fiance's passport, too? I don't see this on the UKBA website, though. Am I making this up, or is it good to send in his passport?
No need :) The UKBA simply needs a photocopy of your fiancée's bio pages (pages with photo etc). They will be able to look up the passport number in their database.

Also, do I have to get an apostille for any of my documents like my US birth certificate or divorce certificate? They are both certified, of course.
Again, no need. If they're officially-issued documents, that's good enough.

And can I add in letters from friends stating that they met my fiance when he came to the US into the supporting documents? We don't have too many pictures, but we have lots of other supporting documents.
Absolutely. We did this. However, it's regarded by the UKBA only as 'soft evidence', and no substitute for other proof. We only had 4 photos (three clearly from the same day) and screenshots of Skype convos and call-logs, so we wanted those extra letters as back-up just in case - and we were fine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.