Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hii I will be applying for fiancé visa. I have a big confusion like you said in your blog. Should I have to choose marriage or unmarried partner?

On application
Reason of visit SETTLEMENT
Visa type SETTLEMENT
Visa Sub type MARRIAGE or UNMARRIED PARTNER?

When switching from Fiancé visa to FLR M, does my partner need to fulfil 18600£ salary criteria again while submitting? He has variable income like rota based.

Thanks a lot

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
It's Settlement > Settlement > Marriage.
Yes, you have to meet the financial requirement again. In that case he takes an average over 6 months and annualises.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's Settlement > Settlement > Marriage.
Yes, you have to meet the financial requirement again. In that case he takes an average over 6 months and annualises.

Thanks a lot for reply!

I will be applying from India. I have masters degree in ACCOUNTING in India in English medium. So I still need to take test? It's A1 life skills right?

If not, can I get my certificates verified anyhow? I want to get it done quicker.

Also what proof would be needed to prove we are getting married in UK? Is it Registry? Or just enquires?

My fiancé lives with his parents in the UK. So I just need letter from his parents?
Or there is a need for inspection? Which documents would you suggest for wedding proofs and accomodation?

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
You need NARIC equivalency. They are pretty quick.
Record of correspondence with the registrar, wedding and reception venues etc.
Inspection report is suggested for shared accommodation. Plus letter of invitation from parents, proof of their ownership from land registry, and council tax or utility bill.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You need NARIC equivalency. They are pretty quick.
Record of correspondence with the registrar, wedding and reception venues etc.
Inspection report is suggested for shared accommodation. Plus letter of invitation from parents, proof of their ownership from land registry, and council tax or utility bill.

Thanks a lot Joppa. You're really being very helpful. My fiancé spoke to registrar office regarding giving notice for wedding in Leeds but they said that both of you need to be present in UK with passports. What should we do to show the notice of wedding?

Thanks

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Perhaps make a booking for an appointment with registrar after your expected arrival in UK, print out the confirmation and enclose?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.