Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
Just few silly queries regarding ACS assessment:eek:

1> How many minimum references are required?
2> On the Statuatory Declaration, does the witness has to be the person giving reference only?
3> Is a single witness sufficient? Do we need to mention his Address n Contact details?
4> Is it Ok, if the reference extends to 3 pages ? (Any character limit)

·
Registered
98 Posts
One reference per job should be fine. References will need to confirm your Job duties detail. If you are in software services firm and worked in more than 1 accounts, you will need to give reference from each account I believe (It is because your new lead/managers won't know about your job duties for your earlier roles).

Statutory declaration is given from you, so it is not required to add any person's name there. If you were to add any person (lead/manager/hr) name there, it's better to get a letter on their company letterhead. In Statutory declaration you will enter full contact details of the person/office to contact including direct-phone number for the company hr/your managers. You must provide contact number of all witnesses and attesting authority, here even a mobile number would do.

There is no limit for any letters from references. It should just be detailed enough and carry your job duties, time period in the company - all positive though!

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
you get the stat dec made on a stamp paper, go to the notary, sign teh same, let him sign and stamp it and its done. no giving of witness's contact details etc for stat dec.

From current company give two references. We gave two, from previous companies, all we gave was a letter form the HR stating roles in detail duly signed by the management/HR. did not give any colleague references from the previous companies

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Hello all,
Just few silly queries regarding ACS assessment:eek:

1> How many minimum references are required?
2> On the Statuatory Declaration, does the witness has to be the person giving reference only?
3> Is a single witness sufficient? Do we need to mention his Address n Contact details?
4> Is it Ok, if the reference extends to 3 pages ? (Any character limit)

1 - I have worked in 2 companies and got 1 letter from each.
2 - I did not send any "Statuatory Declaration" etc.
3 - I mentioned the contact of my manger.
4 - My first reference letter was of 2 pages and second of 3 pages.

Length doesn't matter, material in reference letter is key thing. Include every tool & technology + software, Hardware you have worked with.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts