Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I just had a couple of quick questions regarding the Spouse Visa. This will be the first application. I am currently living in the UK on a tier 2 visa and my spouse is British. We were Married at the end of August 2018 in the UK.

I have a premium appointment booked at the end of September.

I am in the process of moving into her flat. We have approval from her landlord and are currently getting my references checked by the agency. If all goes well, I will have my name on the tenancy agreement before the appointment.

There is a period between when we got married and when we will be living together of roughly 3-4 weeks ( I may not be fully moved in by the appointment date even). Will I need to explain this on the application? Basically this corresponds to us being on honeymoon and us coordinating the move.

The other concern I have is that I am paid on the 24th each month but bank statements are issued on the 15th each month. From what I can understand, I will need to provide a bank statement that shows my pay check has been deposited into my account on the 24th of this month (to meet the 28 days). Is this correct?

Finally, I have asked my employer for a number of confirmations. They have sent me a signed letter with salary etc and a copy of my employment contract electronically. They then said I can download my pay checks and p60 online. Do I need to have original copies of all of these or will I need to have them stamped by the employer if they are not the original?

Thanks very much and any help would be very appreciated!

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
You don't really need to explain why you weren't living together for a brief time

Instead of a full bank statement, you can go to your branch and ask for a partial statement/transaction history - This is fine, it just needs to be stamped or signed or accompanied by a letter from the branch stating it's authentic.

Yes, e-payslips need to be authenticated by the employer. All documents need to be either original (sent by post) or authenticated by the source. p60 isn't a required document.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is great, thank you very much!

In regards to the cohabitation, we will only have a few documents. Possibly a council tax bill, tenancy agreement, my drivers license, maybe a bill of some sort...

Should I just include what we have and then state that I have just moved in?

Also, do I need to provide 6 pieces of evidence that my wife lives at this address or is this only when we need to demonstrate cohabitation for a 2 year period?

Thanks again for the help!!!

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
With regard to cohabitation - For your first visa as a spouse, you aren't expected to have any cohabitation evidence yet (many people do not live together before marriage - it's not a requirement), so just provide what you have, no need to explain. The requirement for 6 pieces of correspondence are for those who are applying as unmarried partners, OR for those extending an existing spouse visa. It doesn't really apply to those switching from another visa type. It isn't expected that you'll have this yet so don't worry about meeting this requirement exactly. You will need to meet it for your visa extension in 2.5 years, though, so make sure you are collecting official post.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks very much for the help!

One last question - sorry!

I will use my salary for the application. It is over the threshold (£40-41K annual) and consistent each month. However, I get incremental pay increases every 6 months and my salary has been increased 2 months ago. My employer letter states my current (higher salary).

What I am wondering is, how do I answer the questions 'You and your sponsor’s total combined income from salaried employment?'

Do I put my current salary down?

Or should I take my average salary over the previous 6 months?

Should I do something else?

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
If you're applying under Category A, the amount used for the financial requirement will be the annualised amount of the lowest payslip in the last 6 months. So that is the figure which you should state on the application.

As long as all evidence and testimony is over the requirement, there shouldn't be any issue

1 - 9 of 9 Posts