Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Few questions regarding completing 2nd FLR form, these things have changed since we completed the original form 2 1/2 years ago so just wanted to double check these particular questions....

Accomodation
6.33 Do you and your sponsor have any shared financial responsibilities?
We have a joint bank account, both of our names on bills & council tax BUT I pay all the rent myself. So are we ok to just list "Joint bank account, council tax and utility bills" here Or go into further details? Or am i totally misunderstanding the question? haha

Finance
7.3A I earn enough myself to cover the 18600 sponsorship, but my wife (who was self employed for 1 1/2 years) just started a salaried full time job in May. Even though she's only been in this job for 2 months should she list this alongside my work for section 7.3A? Or should she leave her own section blank since it's only been 2 months and we're working off my wage anyways?

Accomodation
7.13 Does anyone other than your sponsor live in the property?

My younger brother broke up with his g/f and has moved in with me temporarily whilst he sorts his own place out. My question is can I simply put that note here along with a letter confirming this from my letting agent? Or do I have to go into further details eg. Providing documentation to show he is my brother?

Also regarding evidence. I have pretty much every bank statement and utility bill from the last 2 1/2 years for address and living together evidence. Should I choose a mixture of bills from that 2 1/2 year period OR are they more interested in bills from last 12 months? Both are easy to sort but thought I best ask here :)

Visa runs out in a month time and we have our appointment booked for Sheffield 2 weeks time. Last 2 visas we've done have gone through with no hitch but still want to double check these things :).

·
Registered
924 Posts
6.33- Joint bank account, council tax and utility bills- is fine. No need to go into further detail.

7.3A- Only mention the income being used to fulfil the requirement i.e yours. Leaves hers out completely.

7.13- With your younger brother living there, however temporarily, it is advised that you get a property inspection report conducted in order to confirm to the ECO that there is no case of overcrowding. No need to show any documentation to prove he is your brother, other than to attach an explaining note to your application

Mixture of bills and other official letters covering the last 2.5 years are needed. They need to be in joint names (6 pieces) or individual names (6 pieces each, total 12). Make sure you have at least 3 separate sources for this evidence and that the letters and bills are no more than 3-4 months apart.

All the best.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks very much Kimi2490.

As we are renting the property we have the contract which clearly states it's a 2 bedroom house and that it's just the 3 of us currently there, as had to sign a new contract when he moved in. Think that will cover it or ECO/property report still needed?

In regards to mixture of bills I will provide the following.

2 x Council tax letters for 15/16 and 16/17 (both names mentioned)
2 X water bills from last 2 years (both names)
2 x Banks Statements from last 2 years (both Names, already providing 12 bank statements for financial reasons too, kept every single 1 so can use these to fulfill that 3-4 month gap for each document)
2 X Doctors letters for my wife - 1 from 2016, 1 from 2017
1 X DVLA letter for wife, 2016
2 X Tenancy agreements

·
Registered
924 Posts
Those documents look fine, but without the exact dates of each document, we cannot say for sure that they will cover the entire 2.5 years sufficiently. Put your documents in chronological order and see if you have at least 1 piece for every 4 months at the very least?

Property inspection report is still advised. I know it can seem like common sense, but I have seen people with 4 bedroom houses , still do a report, even if only 1 extra adult is living with them. We cannot say for sure whether the ECO in your case will want a report or not but seeing as these applications cost thousands of pounds and a property inspection report is often under 100 quid, it is advisable to just get it done. It is your call ultimately, but on here, it is generally advised to have it done.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Few questions regarding completing 2nd FLR form, these things have changed since we completed the original form 2 1/2 years ago so....

'2nd FLR' meaning SET (M) [ ILR-settlement] application?

Thanks

·
Registered
474 Posts
Oh okay.

Then this your FLR (extension of the original [initial] one you applied 2.5 years ago), as there is no second flr as such.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh okay.

Then this your FLR (extension of the original [initial] one you applied 2.5 years ago), as there is no second flr as such.
Which has resulted in me completing the FLR M form for the 2nd time (but ticking the box stating 2nd period of Leave to remain) hence me calling it the 2nd FLR (M) form haha.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Those documents look fine, but without the exact dates of each document, we cannot say for sure that they will cover the entire 2.5 years sufficiently. Put your documents in chronological order and see if you have at least 1 piece for every 4 months at the very least?

Property inspection report is still advised. I know it can seem like common sense, but I have seen people with 4 bedroom houses , still do a report, even if only 1 extra adult is living with them. We cannot say for sure whether the ECO in your case will want a report or not but seeing as these applications cost thousands of pounds and a property inspection report is often under 100 quid, it is advisable to just get it done. It is your call ultimately, but on here, it is generally advised to have it done.
Well I've contacted the council to get this now, stated it will take up to 10 working days so should be completed a few days before my wifes visa appointment with any luck, if not will have to pay to get appointment moved back a week.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Nice one.

Ask, ask and ask and clarify everything before you apply cos 'Better safe than sorry' :)

Reactions: EddieBrewer
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.