Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in process to apply for Australia PR.I reside currently in India and Have 3 questions:
1. Currently I am single but getting married early in Dec and wish to add my partner name in my PR. I read on Immigration website that for Visa 190 (in my case this is applicable) ,one can add partner's and child's anytime till primary applicant has not received invitation to apply. But I did not get the process to do that. can anybody point me to the correct information URL?
Also if I get my invite before Dec and still i wish to add her name in my PR then will that be possible or in this case I need to file another PR for her?
2. Immigration website states that one can claim 5 points for partner's occupation. I heard many different reviews on this. Some says that only if that occupation is somewhere relevant to primary applicant's occupation then only these points can be claimed e.g primary applicant with software background and his partner with architect background can not claim these points .However website says that if both occupations are listed in the same list as in this case CSOL or state nomination list then these 5 points can be claimed.
Which one of these 2 is true and I can go ahead with?
3. If I wish to apply for above 5 points listed in question 2 ,do I only need to complete verification of educational and relationship documents of partner or they also need job experience? e.g if partner has qualification listed in the list but due to some reasons discontinued the job from last few years and performing some another business ,then can these points be claimed by primary applicant?

·
Registered
413 Posts
I am in process to apply for Australia PR.I reside currently in India and Have 3 questions:
1. Currently I am single but getting married early in Dec and wish to add my partner name in my PR. I read on Immigration website that for Visa 190 (in my case this is applicable) ,one can add partner's and child's anytime till primary applicant has not received invitation to apply. But I did not get the process to do that. can anybody point me to the correct information URL?
Also if I get my invite before Dec and still i wish to add her name in my PR then will that be possible or in this case I need to file another PR for her?
2. Immigration website states that one can claim 5 points for partner's occupation. I heard many different reviews on this. Some says that only if that occupation is somewhere relevant to primary applicant's occupation then only these points can be claimed e.g primary applicant with software background and his partner with architect background can not claim these points .However website says that if both occupations are listed in the same list as in this case CSOL or state nomination list then these 5 points can be claimed.
Which one of these 2 is true and I can go ahead with?
3. If I wish to apply for above 5 points listed in question 2 ,do I only need to complete verification of educational and relationship documents of partner or they also need job experience? e.g if partner has qualification listed in the list but due to some reasons discontinued the job from last few years and performing some another business ,then can these points be claimed by primary applicant?
-
Hi there,

1) You can add your legal applicants after lodgement of visa using "Form 1022 Notification of changes in circumstances" This form is available on official website.

2) You can claim partner points if your partner is in same occupational list either CSOL or SOL. She has to undergo assesment from relevant assesment authority.

3) As she needs to undergo assesment so educational documents need to be provided and she may need some experience (subject to be deducted based on assessing authority)

Reactions: tbhangale

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
-
Hi there,

1) You can add your legal applicants after lodgement of visa using "Form 1022 Notification of changes in circumstances" This form is available on official website.

2) You can claim partner points if your partner is in same occupational list either CSOL or SOL. She has to undergo assesment from relevant assesment authority.

3) As she needs to undergo assesment so educational documents need to be provided and she may need some experience (subject to be deducted based on assessing authority)

Thanks Yousuf.
So will there be any extra charges for addition of dependents after invite through "Form 1022 Notification of changes in circumstances". As far as I know there are following charges one has to currently pay:
For primary applicant :3600 AUD
Additional dependent listed in same PR :1800 AUD
So apart from these will there be any extra charges if we are doing this after invite?

·
Registered
23,838 Posts
Thanks Yousuf.
So will there be any extra charges for addition of dependents after invite through "Form 1022 Notification of changes in circumstances". As far as I know there are following charges one has to currently pay:
For primary applicant :3600 AUD
Additional dependent listed in same PR :1800 AUD
So apart from these will there be any extra charges if we are doing this after invite?
No extra charges

Cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts