Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all,
first, let me thank all of the experts for the help they provide.
second, i will explain my situation and i hope that i can get the clear answer to my questions so i can feel rest finally.

I'm a civil engineer with 4 years experience, when i finished my CDR and applied for the assessment to EA they gave me an assessment of Engineering Technologist 233914 not a Civil Engineer 233211. they explained that because of my experience does not match a civil engineer professional even though my study equals 4 years to Australia and i believe that my experience is good enough for 4 years experience in the field of civil engineering.

i have 50 points now and I'm planning to make an assessment to my wife (IT) to get extra 5 points so i can apply for 190 visa,
anyway, i have some questions and i hope some one could answer and make the vision clear for me:-

1- what are the main differences between 189 and 190 visa ? other than the 2 years stay in state with 190 visa ? (not in details i just want one or two points)

2- if i claimed 55 points and applied for 190 visa, can i go to Brisbane ? are they sponsor Engineering Technologist ? my agents said yes but I'm afraid he was confused between Engineering Technologist and Civil Engineer Technical !

3- once i landed in Australia, can i apply for civil engineers jobs ? even though my assessment is for Engineering Technologist ? will the employer ask for my assessments or my certificates ?

Please note that i have tried pte exam 5 times with no success !
and the most important priority is to find a cheap place and i can find job quickly. so any suggestions ?

I'm sorry for being boring but i really need a clear answers for my questions after reading my situation please.

thanks in advance =]

·
Registered
960 Posts
Answers inline, scoring 20 points of PTE is not tough. Prepare well and give it a go.
hello all,
second, i will explain my situation and i hope that i can get the clear answer to my questions so i can feel rest finally.

I'm a civil engineer with 4 years experience, when i finished my CDR and applied for the assessment to EA they gave me an assessment of Engineering Technologist 233914 not a Civil Engineer 233211. they explained that because of my experience does not match a civil engineer professional even though my study equals 4 years to Australia and i believe that my experience is good enough for 4 years experience in the field of civil engineering.

i have 50 points now and I'm planning to make an assessment to my wife (IT) to get extra 5 points so i can apply for 190 visa,
anyway, i have some questions and i hope some one could answer and make the vision clear for me:-

1- what are the main differences between 189 and 190 visa ? other than the 2 years stay in state with 190 visa ? (not in details i just want one or two points)
Essentially both are same, only difference is the obligation to stay in sponsoring state for 2 years

2- if i claimed 55 points and applied for 190 visa, can i go to Brisbane ? are they sponsor Engineering Technologist ? my agents said yes but I'm afraid he was confused between Engineering Technologist and Civil Engineer Technical !
Not sure if the state sponsorship list for 2015-16 is released already. You can check the individual state sites for the details

3- once i landed in Australia, can i apply for civil engineers jobs ? even though my assessment is for Engineering Technologist ? will the employer ask for my assessments or my certificates ?
You can even apply for a doctor's job :D, as long as you can do your job.

and the most important priority is to find a cheap place and i can find job quickly. so any suggestions ?

I'm sorry for being boring but i really need a clear answers for my questions after reading my situation please.

thanks in advance =]

·
Registered
3,427 Posts

Please see my comments inline...

hello all,

[JEET] - No other difference.

[JEET] - You would have to skim through QLD website.

SKILLED – NOMINATED (SUBCLASS 190) VISA

Queensland Skilled Occupation List (QSOL)

[JEET] - AFTER PR you are free to work in ANY occupation. No one will ask you anything related to your Nominated Occupation for 190.

thanks in advance =]

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you guys for the answers =]

as i understood, in 190 visa my occupation should be in the list of the state to stay there while 189 visa it doesnt matter if my occupation is in the list or not i can travel anyway ?

·
Registered
3,427 Posts

For 190 - ANZSCO must be listed on the Consolidated Sponsored Occupation (CSOL)

For 189 - ANZSCO must be listed on the Skilled Occupation List (SOL)

thank you guys for the answers =]

as i understood, in 190 visa my occupation should be in the list of the state to stay there while 189 visa it doesnt matter if my occupation is in the list or not i can travel anyway ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts