Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
I'm a Software Engineer , planning to apply very soon under 261311 (Analyst Programmer), and I'm targeting category 190 (Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190) :boxing: :boxing:) since my score will be around 55 and I'll get 5 more points through SS
I've few queries , if anybody can help me with :
1. When are the 5 points for states given ? :confused:
2. Can I apply for multiple states in 190 ? :eyebrows:
3. How good are 60 points (how long it can take in worst case scenario) with respect to my category of Analyst Programmer :noidea:
4. Assuming 2. is not true , I'm a in a dilemma over which state I should choose from SA/NSW/VIC.I have no idea which of these can prove to be a better in terms of IT opportunities. :juggle:

If somebody can shed some light on these , I'll be grateful.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Hello there,

First step is to visit the relevant states websites and find what are their requirements.

1) 5 points will be added when your selected state accepts your application and are ready to sponsor you.
2)Yes you can apply but remember different states have different requirements to sponsor
3) Cant predict at this time for 60 points
4) assuming you have relevant experience and 7 bands in ielts or equivalent you can apply for all the three states mentioned above. But if you dont have 7 each or equivalent than strike off SA and VIC, only option you have is NSW...

Hope this helps

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Mr Joshi
Thanks for replying.
Anybody who can tell where I can check which one among VIC or NSW has better IT related opportunities ?

Hello there,

First step is to visit the relevant states websites and find what are their requirements.

1) 5 points will be added when your selected state accepts your application and are ready to sponsor you.
2)Yes you can apply but remember different states have different requirements to sponsor
3) Cant predict at this time for 60 points
4) assuming you have relevant experience and 7 bands in ielts or equivalent you can apply for all the three states mentioned above. But if you dont have 7 each or equivalent than strike off SA and VIC, only option you have is NSW...

Hope this helps

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi,
I have applied for CDR assessment in Engineers Australia as 'Industrial Engineer.' I am waiting for the results but hoping to score 55 points atleast. As per my qualification, only two States accepts nomination for Industrial Engineers, NSW and W.A. I was wondering if someone can tell me if I can apply for state sponsorship in both these states?? OR which state is better for Mechanical/Industrial Engineers and have low processing times and higher chances of getting a sponsorship??
Many Thanks
Ali

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi,
I have applied for CDR assessment in Engineers Australia as 'Industrial Engineer.' I am waiting for the results but hoping to score 55 points atleast. As per my qualification, only two States accepts nomination for Industrial Engineers, NSW and W.A. I was wondering if someone can tell me if I can apply for state sponsorship in both these states?? OR which state is better for Mechanical/Industrial Engineers and have low processing times and higher chances of getting a sponsorship??
Many Thanks
Ali
Hi,
I am also an Industrial Engineer and I am facing some difficulties compiling my CDR for EA. Appreciate if you can share some Samples with me or at least provide me with some resources you'd used to prepare yours.

Thanks in advance!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts