Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

Hate to ask this question and hate to be in this position. But really am in a confused and difficult situation.

I got invite to lodge visa on 27th March 2015. However i was busy and couldnt do much except getting all documents scanned and sorting it.

Now my Invite says "required to lodge a Skilled - Independent (Subclass 189) (Permanent) Visa application on or before 26 May 2015."

1) So that means i have to complete my visa application including uploading of all documents (except PCC,Health certificate) before 26th May 11.59 pm Australian time. Am i understanding right.

I went to ICICI bank on Saturday 23rd May and found out they need Visa copy to issue travel card.

2)Now if my friend in Australia makes payment or I makes payment using debit card, how long it will take to get me link to upload documents.
Thinking of asking HDFC guys with invitation letter on Monday, 25th May(Indian time)

Since it is only 2 days left do you think it will be wise to proceed.?
deeply confused.

Note : I have all documents ready,sorted and scanned. I can upload in 30 mins to 1 hour.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hi,

Hate to ask this question and hate to be in this position. But really am in a confused and difficult situation.

I got invite to lodge visa on 27th March 2015. However i was busy and couldnt do much except getting all documents scanned and sorting it.

Now my Invite says "required to lodge a Skilled - Independent (Subclass 189) (Permanent) Visa application on or before 26 May 2015."

1) So that means i have to complete my visa application including uploading of all documents (except PCC,Health certificate) before 26th May 11.59 pm Australian time. Am i understanding right.

I went to ICICI bank on Saturday 23rd May and found out they need Visa copy to issue travel card.

2)Now if my friend in Australia makes payment or I makes payment using debit card, how long it will take to get me link to upload documents.
Thinking of asking HDFC guys with invitation letter on Monday, 25th May(Indian time)

deeply confused.

Note : I have all documents ready,sorted and scanned. I can upload in 30 mins to 1 hour.
Well i think you have to apply before 7 PM on 26th. You need to make the payment before this deadline.

As far as I know you can upload the documents until the case officer is assigned.

You only need to do the payment before that deadline.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well i think you have to apply before 7 PM on 26th. You need to make the payment before this deadline.

As far as I know you can upload the documents until the case officer is assigned.

You only need to do the payment before that deadline.

Ok thanks for the quick reply. The answer means i have some 1 day time to make payment ready. :)

·
Registered
146 Posts
Ok thanks for the quick reply. The answer means i have some 1 day time to make payment ready. :)
That's right. The payments needs to be made in time.
Regarding icici forex card, i got it without any visa submission. Invitation letter worked.

Reactions: vishnuvpotty

·
Registered
229 Posts
Hi,

deeply confused.

You need to make the Visa payment immediately (by the 26th May deadline).
You will get enough time to upload the documents 1) few weeks of time before CO allocation 2) After CO allocation you will be given at least 28 days more to upload pending documents (and this can be extended).
Pay the visa fees, you have enough available time to upload documents.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts

You have to Fill the Online VISA application form (17 pages form) based on your EOI) AND then submit the application by paying the VISA Fees before your 60 days period expires.

THEN to upload documents you have time until CO is allocated OR before CO freezes the application.

Regarding VISA Fees Payment, following are few options starting with most economical one...

1 - Contacts in Australia who would allow you to use their Credit/Debt card for paying the VISA fees

2 - Any Bank Travel Card. ICICI would be best. People have procured this card without VISA copy. ONLY Passport and VISA Invite copy should work.

3 - Indian Credit Card

Hi,

deeply confused.

Reactions: vishnuvpotty

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all for the suggestions.
I visited 2-3 icici and hdfc branches and finally one asst manager in ICICI bank agreed to give me travel card provided i open a privileged account there.I went there around 12.30 pm.
Everything was done so damn fast that i was astonished to see the efficiency.
Bank account which usually takes 2-3 days for activation was done in 3 hours and travel card was loaded the next day.
And still the tense moments was not over. Just 15 mins before 7pm. i got a message saying card is loaded. And i made payment.
Thank god and all the people who helped me here. :)
Looking forward to next steps.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Thanks all for the suggestions.
I visited 2-3 icici and hdfc branches and finally one asst manager in ICICI bank agreed to give me travel card provided i open a privileged account there.I went there around 12.30 pm.
Everything was done so damn fast that i was astonished to see the efficiency.
Bank account which usually takes 2-3 days for activation was done in 3 hours and travel card was loaded the next day.
And still the tense moments was not over. Just 15 mins before 7pm. i got a message saying card is loaded. And i made payment.
Thank god and all the people who helped me here. :)
Looking forward to next steps.
Great. Good luck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts