Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any news on the opening of Carrefour or ikea.
Has anyone driven by that area lately. Is work still going on
Any insiders with opening dates

·
Registered
268 Posts
I
was in that area yesterday - and was told by someone who lives there that the Ikea had opened!
But I must admit I didn't get the chance to confirm it for myself.

·
Registered
64 Posts
The kidszania is open now. The ikea and the rest is due to open on the 26th of November as previously mentioned. However ...... Maybe it will be egyptian time?! Who knows? Will be interesting to see what it's like down there......and if they do meatballs ;0)2

·
Registered
14,309 Posts
The kidszania is open now. The ikea and the rest is due to open on the 26th of November as previously mentioned. However ...... Maybe it will be egyptian time?! Who knows? Will be interesting to see what it's like down there......and if they do meatballs ;0)2

In Glasgow if you arrive and have breakfast and show a valid bus ticket you get a pound off or something like that, my old aunt goes all the time just for breakfast lol

·
Registered
14,309 Posts
Ikea store walk, Braehead, Glasgow
Probably the most popular weekend walk in Scotland, the IKEA store route is undertaken by countless couples and families throughout the year. For this reason it is best undertaken midweek. This route takes you past the 9,500 strangely named items, guides you through the labyrinth of the Marketplace and Warehouse and shows you how to dodge the frighteningly cheap hotdogs near the exit. Additional fitness will be gained from assembling the flat pack once home.

TERRAIN
Excellent underfoot conditions - including carpet; mostly level, with some stairs. Although waymarked with yellow feet on the floor, care is needed with navigation as it is easy to become disorientated.

PUBLIC TRANSPORT
Public transport is available to Braehead shopping centre. The car park would then need to be crossed on foot - this is so large that an extra 1km each way may need to be added to the distance.

The above is a tongue in cheek post by walk the highlands lol

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
It'll be a bleeding nightmare, that's what. I expect traffic jams the likes of which humankind has never seen before (not even in Cairo)...and they'll serve kofta with ketchup

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Big sign up opposite Katameya downtown saying 26 Nov 2013 opening date

we can only hope
Yes, I saw that last night. Unfortunately no work has been done on improving access to the area, so I expect chaos in and around it, being next to the ring rd and all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.