Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I am considering the option of a holiday in Europe with my partner before he comes to the UK for a while and the choices are Paris or Amsterdam.
He would arrive at whichever airport from Brazil and we would stay in the chosen city for a long weekend then get a flight or coach to the UK.
I checked and he wouldn't need a visa for either country and would have relevant itinerary, hotel booking, onward journey to UK.

Anyway my friend mentioned you can get a ferry across the sea from Holland to the UK and I thought it would be a really nice thing to do with someone who hasn't been out of his own country before (not sure how great a journey it is)

My question is more to do with stamps in passports at passport control on a ferry...has anyone had the experience of using the ferry to enter the UK?

Do they stamp the amount of leave you have in the UK like they would at an airport?
I don't want any issues when we eventually apply for a fiancé visa.
Would we need to ask for a stamp if do the give you the amount of time they see fit automatically?
And also I have heard the UKBA is a lot less intense at ferry terminals than airports (which to be honest attracts me to the idea a lot more having read horror stories on here of partners being turned back on the next flight home at Heathrow)

Any advice much appreciated :)

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
There is basically no difference between border formalities between airport and ferry terminal. You are likely to face UK immigration when you get to UK.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.