Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello haven't bin on for a while .my name is Christine I moved to Alcocer de planes 22 April this year .when we looked around house and grounds we fell in love with the place but since we moved in we have found feral cats in and around our house .one of the cats has got three kittens around 5 week old .I am allergic to cats and was just wondering if anyone knew of anywhere I could get intouch with to get them removed ,or at least spayed so they carnt have anymore .
Regards
Christine

·
Banned
97 Posts
Hello haven't bin on for a while .my name is Christine I moved to Alcocer de planes 22 April this year .when we looked around house and grounds we fell in love with the place but since we moved in we have found feral cats in and around our house .one of the cats has got three kittens around 5 week old .I am allergic to cats and was just wondering if anyone knew of anywhere I could get intouch with to get them removed ,or at least spayed so they carnt have anymore .
Regards
Christine
just put out bowls of car engine anti-freeze, we had probs with cats until one of the neighbours advised this, apparently they don't like the smell, it took a couple of nights of cats howling about the smell but they soon left the area, job done as they say!!!!! :)

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
just put out bowls of car engine anti-freeze, we had probs with cats until one of the neighbours advised this, apparently they don't like the smell, it took a couple of nights of cats howling about the smell but they soon left the area, job done as they say!!!!! :)
Um.

You are kidding, please tell me you are.

Please be careful with antifreeze. It kills animals should even a little bit spill, get into their water or their food.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thankyou very much but I cannot do that the mother is nursing her three young kittens under my trees .there are also five other cats think they are all related the all look the same lol.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thankyou for your concern I don't think I will be using that method tho.i don't want to harm any of them .

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Thankyou for your concern I don't think I will be using that method tho.i don't want to harm any of them .
I am very glad to hear you won't be taking that sort of action!

I wish I could help you find an organization that spays and neuters feral cats in your area. There are a number of individuals here who work in pet rescue who might know someone who could help. Until then, here's a list of animal organizations in Alicante who might be of help:
Asociaciones Protectoras de Animales de España

I know exactly who to call in Cantabria. Wish I could help you with Alicante! Unfortunately, feral cats and pet overpopulation are a HUGE problem in Spain. I wish people would spay and neuter! ("Huevos" do not make the dog... :rolleyes:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts