Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we are moving to France in a few weeks area 19250, does anyone have any idea for the best place to source 1/2 round wooden fence posts for stock wire. We will need approx. 100 to fence an area to keeps the dogs secure. many thanks

·
Registered
4,909 Posts
Try gamme vert....garden centre type of shop. Find out the names of the material you need and search google! I've found garden centres very expensive in France. Or try builders merchants. PointP or similar.

Or, take a walk near your house and look for labels on fences etc...." clotureur" I think. Then ask them.

Just a little note.....you will be more popular with your neighbours if you go for a "French" style of fence rather than "English".

DejW

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you for your reply. I will look at your suggestions. Although we are at the end of a long lane with no neighbours, we are just going to use stock fencing & posts to secure around a woodland.

·
Administrator
50,434 Posts
There appear to be a number of "hardware" and "home building" supply shops in the area around your postal code. Take a look for stores like Bricorama, Mr. Brico, Bricomarché (just about anything with Brico in the name) - or look in the Pages Jaunes (Yellow Pages) for your area under "clotures et grillages" (or "forunitures clotures et grillages").

Out in the countryside, you'll find the best sources for fencing materials and other stuff like that is usually the local shops the farmers in the area use.

In any event, https://www.pagesjaunes.fr/ It's a handy site to find just about anything - you just have to find the French term for what you want.
Cheers,
Bev

1 - 5 of 5 Posts