Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

We'll be moving shortly to Dubai. We would be needing a driver for my wife to get to work and kids to school/activities and probably grocery shopping. Any other help with dusting/mopping/cleaning will be an added advantage and help to the live-in maid (that we plan to employ).

How does hiring a live-out female driver work? How do the timings work? Are they prompt on time and how do they get to work, if we live a bit further than metro.

Appreciate any pointers and experiences,

·
Super Moderator
Originally from UK but lived in many countries
6,965 Posts
Hi,

We'll be moving shortly to Dubai. We would be needing a driver for my wife to get to work and kids to school/activities and probably grocery shopping. Any other help with dusting/mopping/cleaning will be an added advantage and help to the live-in maid (that we plan to employ).

How does hiring a live-out female driver work? How do the timings work? Are they prompt on time and how do they get to work, if we live a bit further than metro.

Appreciate any pointers and experiences,
Hi,
You might be better trying to find a maid that has a driving licence - that's what a few friends of ours have done.
Much easier, cheaper and reliable than having somebody extra who needs to get to your place each day.
Cheers
Steve

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My concern is one person might not be able to do two jobs - Domestic and Driver. How much is the cost for sponsoring each individual? My budget is around 45-55K/year for both, however, the split is. Will this work?

·
Super Moderator
Originally from UK but lived in many countries
6,965 Posts
My concern is one person might not be able to do two jobs - Domestic and Driver. How much is the cost for sponsoring each individual? My budget is around 45-55K/year for both, however, the split is. Will this work?
Hi,
A live in maid/driver salary would be around 2000 (2500 max) AED per month.
On top of that you have the annual visa fees.
Cheers
Steve

1 - 5 of 5 Posts