Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi -- I am from New York City and will be living in Bologna for the next 8 months (I am a graduate student). I'm slightly older than most of the students in my graduate program (I'm in my early 30's and most of them are in their mid-20's), so I feel a little out of place. Sometimes I wish I had slightly older (and maybe non-student) ex-pat friends to hang out with, have drinks with, go shopping, etc. If there are any other ex-pats in Bologna in similar circumstances please get in touch with me and maybe we can meet up and do something fun. I hate to think I will have to hang out with 25-year old Americans for the next 8 months! :)

By the way, I'm female, although for my purposes it probably doesn't matter.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bologna

Hi
Was great to see your post on here. I am still living in London but planning a move to Italy next year for 6 months.

I already speak Italian (lived near Bologna as a child) but am wanting a career break and to become fluent in the language. Cant wait.

At the moment, I am considering moving to either Rome or Bologna. I was really interested to hear your story that you are older than a lot of the people on your course. The one thing that Rome has in its favour for me is that I think Bologna may be a bit 'Studenty' after living in London for 6 years. I am 30.

I would love to hear your views on whether you think Bologna has a sophisticated/ older crowd? Well older than your average university students (That sounds a bit odd but I hope you know what I mean). I am moving by myself as well and sounds like you have had a similar experience and what you think of the place.

Sounds like a fabulous city but am not sure what it would be like to live as an adult and in a similar position.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Feeling social and can travel to Bologna

Hi,
I am from England originally and have recently(3 months ago) moved to Ravenna, even though i am trying my best to not speak English in a vain attempt to learn Italian i really can't resist an afternoon or two off to just have fun in my natural language.
I am 31 and working in the Ravenna area, if you want to hook up for a few drinks on a sat or sun then happy to travel to Bologna to say hi.

Hope your experience is going well.

Take it easy
Gav

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ian Paul

Hi -- I am from New York City and will be living in Bologna for the next 8 months (I am a graduate student). I'm slightly older than most of the students in my graduate program (I'm in my early 30's and most of them are in their mid-20's), so I feel a little out of place. Sometimes I wish I had slightly older (and maybe non-student) ex-pat friends to hang out with, have drinks with, go shopping, etc. If there are any other ex-pats in Bologna in similar circumstances please get in touch with me and maybe we can meet up and do something fun. I hate to think I will have to hang out with 25-year old Americans for the next 8 months! :)

Hi, I'm an Englishman coming to live in Bologna the day after tomorrow, I would be up for meeting for a chat, getting to know the place etc. I'm 48 years old, sociable, world traveller, interested in friendship...
Ian Paul

·
Registered
4 Posts

Lol I am one!!!!!! Not just kidding, I'm trying to find friends in Rome myself. So i know what you feel. Good luck!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
ian paul

Hi I'm the englishman who answered you before. Plz call me on 3899689713 if you want to meet up for a cup of tea! Take care
IP

1 - 6 of 6 Posts