Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. My name is Gauri and i am an Indian woman married to a Brit, settled in switzerland since 2001, the year we gt married. My husband has grown up în Switzerland and i guess, artly this is home for him.

Long story short, at first I didnt like Swiss at all as the country is very dead....people are introverted and there is hardly anythign much happening here. But for the sake of my husband and because I didnt know better, a it was my first ever move out of India, I decided to give it a shot and make a life out here. I have tons of friends and know a lot of locals as well, but you can never feel at home in this mentality and culture. That is how I am feeling right now. Over the years my husband and I, have had many problems and biiiig fights, and it was after the most recent one 4 days ago, that I finally realised that the basic problem in our marriage is also the fact that I am not happy here.

The more I think about it, th more i become convinced that I want to move out of here and go to an English speaking country...but the options are UK, India or any place in the East, so as to have some support of family and friends, and be near my homeland as well. Ideally first choice is a place in Europe itself, such as UK, and if not then somewhere in the East.

The problem is I have no clue what to look for, where to start and I cannot bring this up with my husband as he is not at all a risk-taker and in the past has expressed discomfort at the idea of moving and spoecially now, that we have a 3 yr old son and bought our own place 3 years ago as well. He keeps selling himself short and says nobody would employ him or he wouldnt get a good job anywhere. He works as a project Manager in Business Development / e-Business. My plan is to first find out some solid facts, proper info and then apporach him with the idea. Otherwise, i will loose the battle as every other time.

So please help me decide where would be a good place. I am a fun loving outgoing person and can so well imagine myself in NYC or London even, but USA would be so out of the question for him. So any tips about what all i need to consider and how to go about it...step by step...would be appreciated highly.

Thanks so much.
Gauri

·
Registered
2 Posts
London is a great place to live and work. I would recommend it if you can cope with the bad weather. I am looking to move to California :) sun sea and surf.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts