Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
U.K.
9,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While we are busy packing here to move to our UK temporary accommodation, I do have the feeling that we should be doing more about the arrival in Spain.

We have found a place to rent - fully furnished - friend of a friend - 400 a month for as long as we like. & the cats are welcomed -

Agent we are dealing with is searching for our permanent home

Apart from that what can we do, NIE, Bank accounts can all be sorted when we arrive presumably.

I suppose its a case of Wait untill we arrive for the games to begin?

·
Registered
U.K.
9,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I recommend you apply to Spanis Embassy for NIE before you leave UK.
Interesting, why do you say that,most people have said wait until you arrive?

·
Registered
U.K.
9,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We did the whole lot, as in Residencia - when we arrived, last February. Surely, that makes sense.....:confused:
Thats what I thought too, its not like we need visa etc

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
What about health care? Can you sort that out before you arrive or will you be able to use the S1?

I too can't see the point in getting the NIE early - get it with your residencia when you arrive.

·
Registered
U.K.
9,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What about health care? Can you sort that out before you arrive or will you be able to use the S1?

I too can't see the point in getting the NIE early - get it with your residencia when you arrive.
S1 for us. Just have to phone in January xx

·
Registered
17,566 Posts
The first thing we did was get our NIE when we started looking for property because we wanted to open a bank account and, at the time, they wanted an NIE.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts