Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am starting this thread to capture my terrible experience in getting medicals done for myself, wife and son at Vijaya diagnostic hyderabad.

This is a rather long rant but I think its worth it because there are many things wrong about this clinic. You can skip to the second post to see summary.

There are two panel clinics in Hyderabad:
1) Vijaya diagnostic (Central Hyderabad)
2) GYD diagnostic (Secunderabad)

Vijaya diagnostics is one of the oldest and very popular diagnostic centres in general.

I got a Medicals request from my CO on Sat May 5. I called up Vijaya immediately and I was put in touch with one Ms. Harita (incharge there).

She asked my TRN and said she will get back. She got back after a few hours and mentioned that my details are not reflecting online. I called her up for instructions and she said this is a common problem and applicants should sort it out. She suggested that I contact CO for it.

I contacted her again and she said I should contact High Commission in Delhi. I posted on this forum and Dreamaus mentioned that eHealth helpline is the way to go. I called up the Sydney office on Monday May 7 and they said that Panel doctor should call them up. I called up Vijaya again and passed on the message. She wasn't ready to believe and asked me to send a mail with proof that eHealth guys indeed wanted Panel doctor to raise the issue.

I called up GYD medicals and they got back in 15 min that my details are not visible. They didn't have a clue either but atleast they didn't waste many hours

I gave up and mailed CO about it and she forwarded to health.strategies.immi.gov.au and cc'ed me on the mail. They fixed the problem in a few hours and asked me to confirm.

I called up Vijaya again to confirm if they are able to see details and she said she is busy and would take a few hours. She said she was busy dealing with other clients who are present in person.

Meanwhile, I called up GYD and they quickly confirmed that everything was fine, and were ready to give me appointment two days in future.

The following day she called me and said details were reflecting online and she will call back with a confirmed appointment. She called on Thur May 10 at 10 am and asked me if I could come in the next 1.5 hours. She dictated a list of documents including passports, forms 26 and 160 along with photographs. I asked her why these are needed and she said it is for their record (DIAC doesn't need these)

I went to the clinic without form 26 and 160 because these are only for the paper process. As soon as I went in, I told her I don't have the forms and they should let me know if I should go back home. They made me wait for an hour and said it won't work without the forms. I was visibly annoyed told her that she should have told me about the forms much earlier.

I wanted to give up and called up GYD and they said that appointments are full and doctor is out of town next week. So, I was stuck with Vijaya.

I went out while my wife and 1 year old kid waited to get prints. It took an hour. I was then made to fill forms. Note that all details in these forms are already part of the 176 online application. Having spent 2 hours, we gave our blood samples and then x-ray. Whole process took 4 hours.

Next day we were asked to come at 3 pm and they told me upfront that it would take 3 to 4 hours. We went at 3 pm and were told that the panel doctor hadn't come in yet. Also, this panel doctor also does US and Canada immigration and those cases would be dealt first. I was furious.

The real process took only 5 min for each applicant but they made us sit for 3 hours. During the 3 hours, they would call each applicant arbitrarily after 15 - 20 min. Once to check weight and height. Another time to pay cash (yes, no card). They kept doing these to all other applicants waiting there.

They said it will take another two days to upload results but they uploaded it the same day (only positive thing).

Few other unrelated things that tested my patience during the process:
- When I went out to get prints in the hot 2pm sun, I wasn't carrying cash.
- Was really difficult to find car parking in surrounding area. I stopped at one ATM and it was out of order
- The prints of Form 26 and 160 i took were taken from DIAC link. I didn't know that these links are canned PDFs with applicant names printed in some sections. I took 3 copies of each file assuming they were blank forms. They made me use a whitener to correct the forms.
- On both days, my 1 year old son had severe nappy rash and he was uneasy the whole time
- on second day, my son vomited and it was all over his clothes and my wife's clothes.

I am going to write another post with a summary.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Vijaya experience summary

Here is a summary of my observation at Vijaya:

- It felt like a government office, perhaps worse.
- Unnecessary process to fill paper forms 26E and 160 as these details are already part of the 176 online application. It's ok to have it for their record but they shouldn't bull **** people. I was told that it was a DIAC requirement.
- No transparency as to what is going on.
- They wasted 3 days of mine just to give me an appointment. Appointment means nothing when you actually go there.
- Panel doctors (Raj Songa and Prathyusha Songa) also do immigration for Canada and US and are extremely busy.
- Expensive tests: costed us 2500
- Expensive consultation - 1800 each for consultation (even for a baby)
- Unnecessary 2 day process (they didn't tell me this until I reached there)
-3 hours each day. They do the whole process in bits and pieces across all waiting applicants.
- Admin lady (Harita) won't speak on phone properly and you are made to wait when you go there. I won't blame her - she is just part of a bad process.
- Inconvenient timings on second day
- Above all, it is a very busy place for diagnostics and the waiting area for immigration related applicants is shared by people who come for other diagnostics. I wouldn't want to spend hours in such a place with a infant/toddler and risk his/her health.

Reactions: hiya_hanan

·
Registered
630 Posts
Well ehealth clinics do not require form160, etc at all, it is done 100% online by the doctor. In my case i went with the forms but the doctor simply gave them back to me, this is true they only need your passport & TRN i am not sure why they made you fill the forms, strange. Also there is no such as as your details are not appearing in the system, it was purely the doctor's fault.

Like you said the whole process takes no more than 20 minutes total from start to finish. Sounds to me like this center is very busy which is why you had to wait so long.

Anyway, what matters most in the end is the result, so i hope all works out for you.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hello,

I have been a silent spectator in this forum. I would like to share my experience regarding the medicals. I am from Mumbai. I had selected Rele Clinic for my med. My experience with the clinic:
1. Fixed up an appointed for medicals 2 days prior.
2. The clinic was very hygienic and the staff was good.
3. It has only e-health facility and charges us 1800 rs. per person.
4. We only had to get our original passport and the xerox (no need of attestation)
5. We had blood test (HIV), BMI (height and Weight), Urine test, chest X-ray and eye test.
6. Physical check up- ear, nose, eye, full body check up (throat, abdomen, thighs, ankle, knee-they would ask to bend the knee, arm pit-to check for any lumps.
7. For females during the physical check up they had asked me to change my clothes and they provided some sort of wrap around for the lower body and upper body. Ahh..this made me little conscious..however the doctor was very good and made me comfortable. They had a female attendant through the physical check up.
8. They instantly shared the HIV reports.
9. My husband was the primary applicant and they just asked me to just cross check our details on the computer.
10. Over all we had a comfortable experience. It took around an hour or so as the slot 4:00 to 5:30 pm is allotted for med for the visa applicant. But the clinic could well manage the crowd.
8. They had uploaded our e-health with in 2 hours.:)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Well...Here is my experience with medical centers in Hyd..
We called up both GYD and Vijaya for appointment and gave my TRN so that they can get back to us..GYD called back that details are available and they have an appointment next tuesday and we requested them if they can give appointment for saturday or any weekend so that i need not to take leave, however they said earlier they can give appointment only by tuesday and panel doc not available on saturday.Vijaya people didn't call us back, i again called them to get confirmation that my details are available and they said it is a 2 day process to get all tests done. So i called GYD and confirmed the appointment as they said it would take maximum 3 hours.

When we reached GYD clinic, it was clean and not many people are there. They have asked us for the forms. When we responded negative, they only got the printouts and asked us to sign for their records. All the details were filled by them only. While they took my wife's BMI when i was signing the forms and they checked my passport. and they took my BMI while my wife was giving them the details. and they charged 2500 for each applicant(it includes tests as well as consultation). Once BMI is done, all tests done one by one with 5-10 mins gap between each test. and in total its over within 1 and half hour. and next day morning when i checked the status all the tests are shown as received. and after that within 1 day all were in Finalized status.

Hope this helps someone waiting for medicals.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Anyone sharing Bangalore experience?

·
Registered
410 Posts
I used Elbit Medical Diagnostics Bangalore for my e-health. Fees is abt 3200 INR. Took an appointment. They asked me to bring the 26EH and 160EH form and 2 PP photograph (or 3; I dont remember).
Got there on time.
Presented my original passport. Make sure that you take uer orig passport. Signed both the forms in fornt of them. I believe the it is mentioned in the forms.
Paid arnd 800 for urine and blood test.
Took the X-ray( asked me to submit the 160EH to the X-Ray dep after I compelete the physical exam).
Got checked my height, weight and eyesight.
Above process got completed within 30 min.
After that, I'd to wait for almost 60 min for my physical exam. There were so many check-ups that day and most of them with family. physical exam took abt 15 -20 min. Routine check-up, asked few question regarding prior medical conditions and other stuffs u usually expect in a medical check up process.
Over all the experience was good. Whole process took about 2 hrs( including the wait time). They told me it takes 2 working days for this to get uploaded. My meds status changed to Finalized on the 3rd day.

·
Registered
628 Posts
My experience at Osler Diagnostics at Chennai.

1. Fixed an appointment by calling them over phone. If you call them, ask for Mr.Venkat who is responsible for all document processing for Australia visas. He is a very helpful guy
2. They recently merged with Star Alliance and so they are now callled as Star-Osler Diagnostics and the link in DIAC webpage is not up to date.
3. Call and fix an appointment.
4. It is in T.Nagar area and all tests will be done in 2 hours or so depending on crowd.
5. Only a male doctor by name Umapathy is there and he is only authroized to do all checkups. Important thing to note is he does the physical body examination for all applicants. Few lady applicants might not be comfortable with this. If so, fix an appointment with Apollo Hospitals who has lady doctor by name Saranya.
6. They charge 3150 for adults and 2100 for kids.
All in all, my experience was pretty good and no issues except that they took 1 week to upload the results as they recently shifted and have no process in place in their new office. But they assured it will be fine in 2 weeks or so.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Any experiences from Dilli? Three cheers to sraza for sharing his experience.
Yes Delhi guys where did u go for medical tests?
Medical and Radiology Clinic ,Max Medcentre, N-110 Panchsheel Park

OR

Medical and Radiology Clinic
Sadhu Vaswani Mission Medical Centre
4/27, Shantiniketan

Also i have a query. My hubby has applied for passport re-issue. (Passport number changes in case of re-issue) The old passport is cancelled and new one will take around 25-30 days to come. So in this scenario can he go for medical tests on his old passport or he has to wait untill the new one arrives ?

Any help will be highly appreciated :clap2:

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Wasnt too impressed with Apollo Hospital(Ahmedabad,Gujarat) either..
Lax service, dirty toilets, arrogant doctors, long long waiting lines pretty much sums up this hospital .....

·
Registered
149 Posts
Any body having experience with Fortis Hospital Bangalore..

·
Registered
550 Posts
mansin said:
Any body having experience with Fortis Hospital Bangalore..
Friend did it for Canada PR. he was quite happy.

Sent from my iPad using ExpatForum

·
Registered
230 Posts
Also i have a query. My hubby has applied for passport re-issue. (Passport number changes in case of re-issue) The old passport is cancelled and new one will take around 25-30 days to come. So in this scenario can he go for medical tests on his old passport or he has to wait untill the new one arrives ?

Any help will be highly appreciated :clap2:

i had a similar situation with my daughter's passport. I was asked to wait until i got a valid passport for her. However we were asked to present the photocopy of the old passport as the online application was referencing that. You may want to call up the clinic to confirm your case.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Anybody from Pune ? How was your experience, and which med center did you go to? Any other tips that we should all know about ?

·
Registered
230 Posts
I used Elbit Medical Diagnostics Bangalore for my e-health. Fees is abt 3200 INR. Took an appointment. They asked me to bring the 26EH and 160EH form and 2 PP photograph (or 3; I dont remember).
Got there on time.
Presented my original passport. Make sure that you take uer orig passport. Signed both the forms in fornt of them. I believe the it is mentioned in the forms.
Paid arnd 800 for urine and blood test.
Took the X-ray( asked me to submit the 160EH to the X-Ray dep after I compelete the physical exam).
Got checked my height, weight and eyesight.
Above process got completed within 30 min.
After that, I'd to wait for almost 60 min for my physical exam. There were so many check-ups that day and most of them with family. physical exam took abt 15 -20 min. Routine check-up, asked few question regarding prior medical conditions and other stuffs u usually expect in a medical check up process.
Over all the experience was good. Whole process took about 2 hrs( including the wait time). They told me it takes 2 working days for this to get uploaded. My meds status changed to Finalized on the 3rd day.
Ditto for me as well at Elbit. The whole process for my wife, kid and me, took about 2 hrs. Most part being waiting for the Dr. to examine us. After all the documents were uploaded, the next day the status were finalized for us.

·
Registered
47 Posts
From where do we get form 26 and form 160? I got the forms by searching on the net. They are blank forms. Someone told that they should have printed applicants name. So are these forms provided by CO?

·
Registered
149 Posts
From where do we get form 26 and form 160? I got the forms by searching on the net. They are blank forms. Someone told that they should have printed applicants name. So are these forms provided by CO?
When you check the status of your application , there is a link named as "Document Checklist"

Click that link and there under each person included in the application .. there is a separate link , where you can download the forms..

·
Registered
202 Posts
Any experiences from Dilli? Three cheers to sraza for sharing his experience.
I'll share my experience here. I went to the Max Medcentre, Panchsheel Park, Delhi for my medicals. I had booked an appointment over the phone. I asked them to verify whether they were able to see my TRN in the system. Thankfully, they were able to find it. This I believe is important because if they are not able to find your TRN, you'll for sure face problems later on.

I took an early morning (9 am) appointment to avoid the traffic and the crowd at the hospital. I reached on time and was shocked to see a family of almost 20 Afghanis (they came to get medicals done for Indian immigration I guess). I was getting mentally prepared for long waits but the lady at the reception was helpful as she quickly processed our files. The Australian medicals required different tests.

The tests were done quickly, the medical checkup was also done pretty quickly. Summing it up, the entire process was a breeze.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts