Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I searched for NSW website but could not find the detailed information for payment.

Its mentioned on their website
How do I apply?
You complete the application forms on our web site, attach all the necessary documents, pay the application fee and post or courier them to our office in Sydney to the attention of the Manager, Skilled Migration.

and on Form1
Application Fee
Please indicate the application fee you $330 (incl GST) 
have paid and attached to this application $300 (excl GST)

But it is not clear how do we make the payment. In case of ACS, demand draft had to be made. Is it the same case here? Also how much fees we have to pay 300AUD or 330AUD? Demand draft should be made in favour of?

·
Registered
346 Posts
The following non-refundable application fees must be paid by bank cheque or money order payable to Industry & Investment NSW and enclosed with your application. You can pay it by DD as well :D

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The following non-refundable application fees must be paid by bank cheque or money order payable to Industry & Investment NSW and enclosed with your application. You can pay it by DD as well :D

Thanks, I also found this thread for payment.

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...alia/97787-nsw-state-sponsorship-payment.html

Few months back I made DD for Australian Computer Society through a local ban here. Now will it be OK if I get DD from the same back or do I have to make the DD from some international bank like HSBC?

So I have to fill in the following information
Payable To - Industry & Investment NSW
Amount - 300 AUD
Payable to - This will be mentioned by bank staff

Hope Iam on the right track. Kindly correct me if Iam missing anything

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Last line as Payable at

Amount - 300 AUD
Payable at - This will be mentioned by bank staff

·
Registered
146 Posts
Last line as Payable at

Amount - 300 AUD
Payable at - This will be mentioned by bank staff

You have to pay 300 AUD.

When I submitted my NSW SS request, I got a Demand Draft Made by NBP (Shaheen Complex [Foreign Exchange] Branch). They Take one day to make a Demad Draft.
P.S make sure that you are taking the Form's copy with you mentioning Industry & Investment NSW with Fee mentioned and that it is going to be given to Manager (since NBP guys usually raise objection that they cannot send DD from Pakistan to an Investment Firm. They keep a photocopy of the form as a proof for their office file that its a fee not any sort of investment)

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You have to pay 300 AUD.

When I submitted my NSW SS request, I got a Demand Draft Made by NBP (Shaheen Complex [Foreign Exchange] Branch). They Take one day to make a Demad Draft.
P.S make sure that you are taking the Form's copy with you mentioning Industry & Investment NSW with Fee mentioned and that it is going to be given to Manager (since NBP guys usually raise objection that they cannot send DD from Pakistan to an Investment Firm. They keep a photocopy of the form as a proof for their office file that its a fee not any sort of investment)
Hello bukhari

I suppose this Demand Draft is similar to what we made for Australian Computer Society. Right ?

1. One thing is confusing that

ACS website specified
Payment can be made by Cheque / Money Order / International bank draft

But on NSW website they specify

The following non-refundable application fees must be paid by bank cheque or money order

But stil even they did not specify we can make an international demand draft. Right ?

2. Do they provide some email acknowledgement on receiving our application and provide some kind of online tracking (like ACS does) ?

3. If we are approved, they send approval letter by email or post?

Thanks

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hello bukhari

I suppose this Demand Draft is similar to what we made for Australian Computer Society. Right ?

1. One thing is confusing that

ACS website specified
Payment can be made by Cheque / Money Order / International bank draft

But on NSW website they specify

The following non-refundable application fees must be paid by bank cheque or money order

But stil even they did not specify we can make an international demand draft. Right ?

2. Do they provide some email acknowledgement on receiving our application and provide some kind of online tracking (like ACS does) ?

3. If we are approved, they send approval letter by email or post?

Thanks
So Imran have you how did you do for the payment please advise I am in similar situation.

More over can you also tell me which courier service I should use would DHL be fine.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Urgent

Hello Friends,

Please advise which other banks give demand draft. is WU (Western Union) will be fine option to make that DD in AUD ? please advise. its urgent.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So Imran have you how did you do for the payment please advise I am in similar situation.

More over can you also tell me which courier service I should use would DHL be fine.
Hello

Iam out of Pakistan and hence dont have much idea which bank you should use. Probably some other persons from Pakistan can give you better view on this.

DHl courier service should be fine. They are reliable and provides good tracking. TCS would also work I suppose.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Hello Friends,

Please advise which other banks give demand draft. is WU (Western Union) will be fine option to make that DD in AUD ? please advise. its urgent.
Nope, Western Union would NOT be able to give you the Bank Cheque. I did mine through HSBC and it was accepted. The other options would be Standard Chartered, RBS, Barclays, etc.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Some banks do not make a DD / Banker Cheque if you dont have a foreign currency account with them.

In such a case you may contact some money exchanger companies such as Habib Qatar who can get you a DD / Banker Cheque made for you from relevant banks in PK for a small fees.

Important thing is that on the DD / Bank Cheque, it should clearly be mentioned that which branch of which bank in Australia / Sydney can the DD / Cheque be en-cashed otherwise NSW might reject your DD. NSW are very strict in this regard.

Regards,

RX

Nope, Western Union would NOT be able to give you the Bank Cheque. I did mine through HSBC and it was accepted. The other options would be Standard Chartered, RBS, Barclays, etc.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Some banks do not make a DD / Banker Cheque if you dont have a foreign currency account with them.

In such a case you may contact some money exchanger companies such as Habib Qatar who can get you a DD / Banker Cheque made for you from relevant banks in PK for a small fees.

Important thing is that on the DD / Bank Cheque, it should clearly be mentioned that which branch of which bank in Australia / Sydney can the DD / Cheque be en-cashed otherwise NSW might reject your DD. NSW are very strict in this regard.

Regards,

RX
Exactly. I chose HSBC because my friend had the foreign currency account with them.

·
Registered
539 Posts
any new or recent NSW SS approval??? it's been 2 weeks so far and no email acknowledgement....is this normal??

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.