Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After EOI what are fees? there is only one fee for whole SMC application(three persons included in my SMC) or separate for each person?

Secondly ITA fee and Resident Visa SMC are same?

I shuold calculate it as (2400 NZD for me + 2400 NZD for my wife + 2400 for my 4 months child) or just (2400 NZD) for whole SMC and all will be included in one fee?

Regards,

·
Super Moderator
4,943 Posts
After EOI there is only one fee for the actual SMC application of GBP 1225.00 as it is handled by the London office. This covers all persons on the application. There is also a single visa application fee of GBP 18.00. Finally there's a courier charge of GBP 26.00 for return of documents to your home country which will be classed as zone 10.

There is no such thing as ITA fee.
ITA or Invitation To Apply is what you get from Immigration following selection of EOI and it successfully passing through preliminary checking. When you get ITA you have 4 months or 100 days to submit your formal application via the skilled migrant category which attracts the fees above.

Please be aware there are other charges not payable to Immigration for collection of the documents for your formal submission - i.e. police checks, medicals, x-rays etc etc.

If you get through the formal application processing and then the immigration interview and the decision is favorable for you, then you will have to pay the final fees called a visa levy fee. This is GBP 160.00 per person (adult) and GBP 80.00 per person (child under 5 years) plus the single visa application fee of GBP 18.00 again.

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rdonlyres/00B58004-04AB-46C6-B32B-5CE91FBA979A/0/INZ1028.pdf

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Once again thanks a lot, all questions related to fee are clear. I do search internet before questions but you have made this so easy that I am asking directly questions which come to my mind

1. X-ray, medical and police checks will be from my home country. So they have list of recognized panel doctors and laboratories from which X-Ray and Medical I should do?

2. I have experience of 7.3 years which is less that 8 years so I can claim 25 points for 8 years as it's more than 7 years so rounding off 7.3 to 8 ? or I have to claim 20 points (6 years) even if it's one month less than 8 Years (25 points)

Regards,

·
Super Moderator
4,943 Posts
Once again thanks a lot, all questions related to fee are clear. I do search internet before questions but you have made this so easy that I am asking directly questions which come to my mind

1. X-ray, medical and police checks will be from my home country. So they have list of recognized panel doctors and laboratories from which X-Ray and Medical I should do?

2. I have experience of 7.3 years which is less that 8 years so I can claim 25 points for 8 years as it's more than 7 years so rounding off 7.3 to 8 ? or I have to claim 20 points (6 years) even if it's one month less than 8 Years (25 points)

Regards,
1. The medical and x-rays will be done by the same panel physician. The physician must be approved by immigration nz to carry out an immigration medical. See the list for your country via the immigration nz website. The list will give you the name and address of the clinics available then it'll be up to you to contact them directly to arrange an appointment, however no point doing this until you have received ITA following EOI selection.
There will be fees to pay for these and they aren't cheap.

The police checks are to be completed for each adult and for every country you have lived in for 12 months or more. You must apply to the relevant police department in your home country for the check to be carried out.
There will be fees to pay for these.

2. You cannot claim for 8 years unless you have completed 8 years.
You can only claim 6 years at the moment or wait until you have completed 8 years and claim 8 years.
That's like claiming more points for being younger than you are.....just because you were younger once !

·
Registered
8 Posts
How will it take to get the acknowledgment from London Visa office for NZ SMC visa. They told that they would respond in 10 working days, but 15 days is over for me. Usually, will it take longer than 10 days. I had submitted all the documents which are required in the checklist and paid the GBP 1225.

·
Super Moderator
4,943 Posts
How will it take to get the acknowledgment from London Visa office for NZ SMC visa. They told that they would respond in 10 working days, but 15 days is over for me. Usually, will it take longer than 10 days. I had submitted all the documents which are required in the checklist and paid the GBP 1225.
Giving a couple of days until it lands on someone's desk to confirm the ita has been received it'll be at least 10 working days I should think. 10 days is just a guideline. It isn't a rule and will be working days so not including the weekend and you have to take into account any public holidays.
Be patient.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Giving a couple of days until it lands on someone's desk to confirm the ita has been received it'll be at least 10 working days I should think. 10 days is just a guideline. It isn't a rule and will be working days so not including the weekend and you have to take into account any public holidays.
Be patient.
I had taken into account 10 working days only from 14th May till 29th May.

·
Super Moderator
4,943 Posts
I had taken into account 10 working days only from 14th May till 29th May.
Its gonna take time. If you expect the whole process to be bang bang bang within approximate guidelines you are gonna be oh so disappointed. It takes as long as it takes. London office have taken on heaps more work. They do a lot of cross referencing and checking with immigration offices here and we've just had a long public holiday weekend for the Queens Birthday. There was also a Spring Bank Holiday in the UK last week. You must be patient. Give it another 2 weeks and then chase it up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts