Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have completed finger print card with help of my wife and sent it to FBI on 15th Oct. I am wondering how can I follow up and check the status. My CO already asked for the FBI clearance and I am trying to finish this last document ASAP. Is there any number to call ? If I call, what information I have to provide?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi,
I have completed finger print card with help of my wife and sent it to FBI on 15th Oct. I am wondering how can I follow up and check the status. My CO already asked for the FBI clearance and I am trying to finish this last document ASAP. Is there any number to call ? If I call, what information I have to provide?
You can call them at

Phone: 1304 625 5590 – general enquiries

and tell them your details, name, date of application etc. they will give you the status.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Dear Dipprathan..seems I'm in exactly same situation as yours but little behind..

Did you hear something from FBI...

I'm pending with my and wife's FBI PCC as per CO Request.

1. Can I submit fingerprints myself or some Police Agency or Agent need to be involved (No clear cut answer in forums/FBI Website).
2. If myself can, then what to fill in FD-258 card in the box : "Signature of Official taking prints" and "Employer Address"
3. If there is smudge in one or two fingers on fd-258 card..do you think that would go thru or quality of every finger is a concern..
4. Also electronic Finger Prints..who does that in Delhi and for howmuch.

Thanks in Advance

·
Registered
60 Posts
Dear Dipprathan..seems I'm in exactly same situation as yours but little behind.. Did you hear something from FBI... I'm pending with my and wife's FBI PCC as per CO Request. 1. Can I submit fingerprints myself or some Police Agency or Agent need to be involved (No clear cut answer in forums/FBI Website). 2. If myself can, then what to fill in FD-258 card in the box : "Signature of Official taking prints" and "Employer Address" 3. If there is smudge in one or two fingers on fd-258 card..do you think that would go thru or quality of every finger is a concern.. 4. Also electronic Finger Prints..who does that in Delhi and for howmuch. Thanks in Advance
Here is what I did for my FBI PCC, see if this helps :

1. You can submit it yourself but the fingerprints has to be done by Police agency, here in Australia I took police appointment for FBI fingerprints ( 20 days waiting period), just walk in with your passport, they provide FBI accepted form and fingerprint card.

2. You cannot take your own fingerprints.

3. No, FBI does not accept unclear fingerprints but this has to be ensured by Police agency taking your fingerprints, mine was taken thrice by the officer as it was not very clear for first two times for index finger.

4. I am not sure about Delhi, any expert fan provide information on this.

Cheers!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi,
Are you sure that fingerprint has to be completed by police? I went to a police station at Kolkata,India but police did not help to take fingerprint. What else I can do please suggest?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dear Dipprathan..seems I'm in exactly same situation as yours but little behind..

Did you hear something from FBI...

I'm pending with my and wife's FBI PCC as per CO Request.

1. Can I submit fingerprints myself or some Police Agency or Agent need to be involved (No clear cut answer in forums/FBI Website).
2. If myself can, then what to fill in FD-258 card in the box : "Signature of Official taking prints" and "Employer Address"
3. If there is smudge in one or two fingers on fd-258 card..do you think that would go thru or quality of every finger is a concern..
4. Also electronic Finger Prints..who does that in Delhi and for howmuch.

Thanks in Advance
--I wish I know the answers. I have done the fingerprint by myself after reading a thread in this forum and still waiting for response from FBI. I made my wife signed as employer Address. Let's see if this is ok with FBI.

·
Registered
17 Posts
--I wish I know the answers. I have done the fingerprint by myself after reading a thread in this forum and still waiting for response from FBI. I made my wife signed as employer Address. Let's see if this is ok with FBI.
Thanks for your response. Has your credit card been charged? That should already confirm whether your self print is acceptable..

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for your response. Has your credit card been charged? That should already confirm whether your self print is acceptable..
Yes, My credit card was charged one month back. However, I have not received anything since then. Could you please suggest if I can follow up with them?

·
Registered
427 Posts
Have you given a US address or Indian address? If you've given an Indian address, just so you know, it once took 40 days for mail from my brother in TX to reach me in Mumbai and recently someone on this forum raised a concern about not having gotten his PCC from FBI. After I replied, he too got it... his took 39 days.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Have you given a US address or Indian address? If you've given an Indian address, just so you know, it once took 40 days for mail from my brother in TX to reach me in Mumbai and recently someone on this forum raised a concern about not having gotten his PCC from FBI. After I replied, he too got it... his took 39 days.
Yea, I have given India address. I hope to receive it by Jan 2014. Although I am hopeful, is there anyway to follow up with FBI?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yea, I have given India address. I hope to receive it by Jan 2014. Although I am hopeful, is there anyway to follow up with FBI?
Yes.. Pls visit FBI website. For reference:
Note: Although the FBI employs the most efficient methods for processing these requests, processing times may take approximately five to six weeks depending on the volume of requests received. For assistance, contact the Customer Service Group at (304) 625-5590.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Sorry, I don't know of any way to follow up with them. My own fingerprints reached them on 23rd Dec or so so I'm still waiting for them to even charge my card. However, hopefully yaarhoreen's reply is sufficient for you.

Could you tell me how many days after they received your fingerprints did they charge your card?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Today I received the letter from FB8.
It took almost 1 month since they charged my credit card

·
Registered
427 Posts
Thanks, but I was inquiring about how many days it took from receipt at the FBI location to charging of your credit card.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Getting fingerprinted for the FBI in Sydney

Hi y'all,
I found this information on a wordpress blog (Fingerprinting Service in Sydney, Australia | Berry Basket), and I followed it exactly and found a very smooth and quick process for getting good quality fingerprints for the FBI, by folks who clearly do this for the FBI a lot and knew what the FBI needs. Wanted to share it in case it's useful for others in Sydney:

"If you decide to do fingerprinting at the Sydney City Central Police Station (Day St station), this is what you need to do:

Only go during the weekend from 10 am to 4 pm (walk-in)
Bring and complete all the documents needed: FBI background check application form, credit card payment form/money order, and your passport for identification purpose at the police station. Print the FBI fingerprint Card as well although you won’t use it. On the top of the card, there are some information that may be needed by the FBI (i.e. social security number).
Bring debit/credit card to pay for the fingerprinting. Do not bring cash as they don’t accept it. As of the publication of this post, it costs AUD 42.
Get a prepaid envelope for international mail. The fingerprint sets and the rest of the documents will be mailed directly by the police.
Call the police station before going to verify the above information."

After reading all of the historical posts about all the trouble folks were having getting the right quality fingerprints, I was so happy to have this information, and it worked out just as written. Best of luck to everyone!

Best,
Kate

·
Registered
931 Posts
Hello,

Can you please tell that what exactly you filled in each column ? This information will be very helpful for future aspirants of PCC.

Employer & Address
ORI (It;s next to Aliases column)
Your No . OCA
FBI No.
Armed Forces No.
Miscellaneous No.

Thanks in Advance

PD

·
Registered
177 Posts
Sorry, I don't know of any way to follow up with them. My own fingerprints reached them on 23rd Dec or so so I'm still waiting for them to even charge my card. However, hopefully yaarhoreen's reply is sufficient for you.

Could you tell me how many days after they received your fingerprints did they charge your card?
Can you please inform me when they charge your credit card. My Finger Prints reached around the same time.

Thanks

·
Registered
427 Posts
Can you please inform me when they charge your credit card. My Finger Prints reached around the same time.

Thanks
I emailed them on Sunday (surprisingly got a response within 2 hours) inquiring about the same. They said they had no information about me but the person did mention that the receiving area was currently processing mail from around 12th Dec so it makes sense why they are unable to locate me in their system. Hopefully, within another 2 weeks they will finally get to my mail and get started. The person also mentioned that the current wait time is about 8-10 weeks from the time the mail reaches the receiving area.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hello,

Can you please tell that what exactly you filled in each column ? This information will be very helpful for future aspirants of PCC.

Employer & Address
ORI (It;s next to Aliases column)
Your No . OCA
FBI No.
Armed Forces No.
Miscellaneous No.

Thanks in Advance

PD
I wrote my wifes name and my resident address. I donot remember exactly for each fields though

·
Registered
177 Posts
I emailed them on Sunday (surprisingly got a response within 2 hours) inquiring about the same. They said they had no information about me but the person did mention that the receiving area was currently processing mail from around 12th Dec so it makes sense why they are unable to locate me in their system. Hopefully, within another 2 weeks they will finally get to my mail and get started. The person also mentioned that the current wait time is about 8-10 weeks from the time the mail reaches the receiving area.
Thanks a lot for the info. I was a bit worried...

1 - 20 of 58 Posts