Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi friends,

Have anyone recently got FBI clearance? Wats the average timeline?

Thanks,
Murali

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did anyone receive FBI Clearance after US Govt resumed after shutdown? Any significant delays?

·
Registered
47 Posts
I am waiting for mine. FBI received it on 1st Oct. I callled them up a couple of days back. They lady informed that they havent put my fingerprints online yet. Call them up. they will look it up based on your name.
She informed me that it will take a week or 2.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Did anyone receive FBI Clearance after US Govt resumed after shutdown? Any significant delays?
Yes I received it after Govt resumed..but mine was received by FBI before Govt Shutdown..12th Sep

and I received on 25 Oct..on US Address..

They take 4 weeks but then where to send the results..it will add more time if outside US..if sending by normal post.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am waiting for mine. FBI received it on 1st Oct. I callled them up a couple of days back. They lady informed that they havent put my fingerprints online yet. Call them up. they will look it up based on your name.
She informed me that it will take a week or 2.
how do you know they received it? just based on when your credit card is charged?

·
Registered
63 Posts
how do you know they received it? just based on when your credit card is charged?
No, when they charge credit card it means it almost done and they will send a mail within a week now it depends where they are sending, will vary time after they send for posting. Usually the send mail within 3 days after credit card charged. Mine was received within a week after CC charged at US address.

How we know when is Initial application is received depends on courier you selected to send, i mean one can know the status by tracking.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Did you guys take the fingerprints at home or contact an agency...
Its really very urgent, if anyone can reply

thanks

·
Registered
63 Posts
Did you guys take the fingerprints at home or contact an agency...
Its really very urgent, if anyone can reply

thanks
if you are in US then you can go to local police station.

·
Registered
47 Posts

I sent it by indian speed post. I could track the package online.

·
Registered
11 Posts
if you are in US then you can go to local police station.
currently i am in india... and thats the issue.
dont know where to get it done in india

any help... plz!!!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
- There are private agencies which do the FBI Fingerprints. Google them up at your current location.
- Do a search in the forum based on your location for FBI fingerprints.

Truth labs is the agency I used. Check if they are there in your town

·
Registered
47 Posts
Called FBI today. It seems they are processing prints received on Sep 30 today.
Expecting mine by end of week (submitted Oct 1)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.