Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
49,476 Posts
It has been a while, but when I sent in my stuff for the "rap sheet" it took about 6 weeks. Have heard they've bumped that estimate up a bit - maybe 8 weeks now?
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Hi,
Does anyone have an estimate time of how long it takes for an FBI check please.
Thanks
My wife and I were fingerprinted in London on 26JAN. Lawyers requested FBI records on 30JAN, "rap sheet" came on 20FEB.

Animo
(Cheers)

·
Registered
78 Posts
sorry to interrupt-when is this necessary? This is the first I have seen anyone ask about this around here...

·
Registered
39,038 Posts
sorry to interrupt-when is this necessary? This is the first I have seen anyone ask about this around here...
Not for any UK visa, but if you need to be CRB (Criminal Record Bureau) checked for certain jobs in UK, such as teaching, nursing, childminding etc, you often have to submit FBI rap sheet and your state police clearance for the time you lived in US.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi
the reason I ask is becasues my husband in the US, is applying for a spouse visa, and he
is using a lawyer, the lawyer has sent off for his FBI check for him. He sent it off three weeks ago, and we are still waiting. I'm taking it the reason it is being done is becasue my husband
had a DUI about 5 years ago.

·
Registered
985 Posts
I think times for checks can vary. I was told that if your name is John Smith, it can take far longer than if your name's John Stavolopodopoulos, for instance....not so many to cover.
When I was emigrating to the US, my FBI check took about 4 weeks.... but my name was fairly unusual.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.