Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Friends,

I need your help.

We are planning to apply tourist visa for my father in law.

But on March 2016 we found he had TB. Doctor told him to take medications till 2017. So he was taking medicine will march 2017. Now doctor stopped medicine he is just taking vitamin tablets.

Now while applying visa i have to say he has TB or not ??

In case if they found again scar what will they do?? they will give medication or what they do??

Please explain this case.

I dont know what to do :fingerscrossed:

Please help

·
Registered
23,909 Posts
Hi Friends,

I need your help.

But on March 2016 we found he had TB. Doctor told him to take medications till 2017. So he was taking medicine will march 2017. Now doctor stopped medicine he is just taking vitamin tablets.

In case if they found again scar what will they do?? they will give medication or what they do??

Please help
Is he applying for a short term tourist visa or long term ?

Cheers

·
Registered
31 Posts
Applying for 12 months visa
You would need to mention in the application form as for 6 and 12 months tourist visa there would be medicals. No idea what DIBP would come up with the final outcome.
My take would be they might grant, with conditions that you need to bear the medical expenses incase some treatment is needed while in Australia.

·
Registered
23,909 Posts
You would need to mention in the application form as for 6 and 12 months tourist visa there would be medicals. No idea what DIBP would come up with the final outcome.
My take would be they might grant, with conditions that you need to bear the medical expenses incase some treatment is needed while in Australia.
I have my doubts

Australia takes TB cases very seriously as it is a contagious disease

So unless they are very sure that he does not have any traces of TB left, they would not grant him a visa irrespective of who agrees to bear the costs

Cheers

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have my doubts

Australia takes TB cases very seriously as it is a contagious disease

So unless they are very sure that he does not have any traces of TB left, they would not grant him a visa irrespective of who agrees to bear the costs

Cheers
Agreed.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Hi Friends,

I need your help.

Please help
Your FIL , underwent TB treatment,
once he undergoes medicals for TV, if everything is acceptable , visa will be granted on the condition of bearing all medical expenses incurred during all of his stay in AUS by sponsor.

You got to declare that he underwent treatment.

Its tourist visa, so chances are they may ask you to take a MED INS for your FIL before he starts to fly as a proof

1 - 7 of 7 Posts