Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are moving to Spain soon and are looking within a 25 miles radius of Malaga. Can anyone tell me what areas have good, fast internet connection please? I know that alot of areas have little or non. :)

·
Registered
103 Posts
I am going on a fact finding trip to Malaga and Alicante, first Malaga and from what I have heard the internet speed is fairly decent, unless you close or in a rural area/in a town surrounded mainly by mountains. I could be wrong but from what I have read Malaga is decent.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
In towns, it's generally not a problem, but in the countryside, unless the house has an existing phone Telefonica can be ..... well a better name for them is telefrustration...reticent about giving you a line and despite what you might have been told, they are the only onnes who can install a line. It's pointless asking them if they will agree that they can do it then find excuses or delay for YEARS (this happened to myself and two other people Iknow) the other option is a mobile dongle which might give you up to 3mbs, but that is dependant on the network, their coverage and sometimes even the weather.

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
Some of the bars are now offering free wifi, before we connected by landline, we did our internet thingy in the bar with our laptop. I would give that a go first, buy a beer or whatever and talk to your Aunty Maude in Melbourne,

Hepa

·
Registered
15,939 Posts
Nearly all all towns in Andalucia with a population less than 10,000 have a "Guadalinfo" office which offers a free internet service. This is financed by the Junta de Andalucia and is intended to make the internet more widely available outside big cities. They are used by all ages, from schoolchildren to silver surfers.

You can get a list of centres here:

Guadalinfo

This should help you till you get your connection set up! Not as much fun as a bar or cafe, but it's free.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.