Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,012 Posts
so was my dds' instituto :(

it's getting rather worrying to say the least
My daughters school is holding a special meeting tonight to discuss various issues;
  • No help with book money anymore
  • No help with transport (school buses)
  • No help with lunch at school - in fact they are considering stopping school lunches
  • AMPA (PTA) are paying for loo paper, soap, towels etc.
  • No pay when teachers are sick
  • No pay for relief teachers
Yes, it's looking VERY bad.

·
Registered
19,369 Posts
My daughters school is holding a special meeting tonight to discuss various issues;
  • No help with lunch at school - in fact they are considering stopping school lunches
Oh, goodness me. That's very worrying isn't it? I'm sorry to hear that you've got to work your way through this one.
As I posted on another thread a while ago, Valencia is in that disgusting brown stuff, and not up to the neck. It's drowning in it.
They are so bankrupt, so much in debt it's just unbelievable and absolutely everybody is going to be affected. The schools, libraries, hospitals, road maintenance, disabled, elderly, public transport, you name it - it's going to be cut

·
Administrator
36,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
did you go to the meeting??

what happened?

·
Registered
6,012 Posts
did you go to the meeting??

what happened?
An absolute waste of time! They just mentioned the lack of money, over and over again.

Suggestions were made by parents about, perhaps, taking packed lunches and thus cut down on comedore staff, but no decisions were made.

Other than - we were all asked to attend a protest meeting in a park (not outside official offices or anywhere sensible), dressed in black (mourning the loss of services etc.) next Saturday (when all officials will not be working)!!!!!!

·
Administrator
36,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
An absolute waste of time! They just mentioned the lack of money, over and over again.

Suggestions were made by parents about, perhaps, taking packed lunches and thus cut down on comedore staff, but no decisions were made.

Other than - we were all asked to attend a protest meeting in a park (not outside official offices or anywhere sensible), dressed in black (mourning the loss of services etc.) next Saturday (when all officials will not be working)!!!!!!
sounds like the reports I've heard of meetings at the primary my kids used to go to

one thing they have been asked to do is send their kids to school wearing black every Thursday (I think)

packed lunches might help - I reckon changing school hours to the June & September timetable of 9-1 would help a lot more

of course it wouldn't help those parents lucky enough to be working.....

everyone paying a small contribution to the school bus might not be a bad idea - and I guess kids could take their own loo paper (coem to think of it there never has been loo paper :rolleyes:

when I used to be on the AMPA committee the meetings would go on for hours & hours & nothing would be decided :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts