Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any filipino married to a frenchman in this forum?I would like to ask how is the process of applying spousal visa..Any replies will be much aprreciated.thanks

·
Administrator
48,521 Posts
My Thai wife-to-be will shortly be applying for a spousal visa, I'll update on the process. Should be fun. Can't help yet though, sorry!

However it will be slightly dlfferent as I am a Brit with French residence, so will be applying as an EU citizen as opposed to a Frenchman (Bev once suggested might be a easier process as a Brit living in France than as a French citizen. Will soon find out!)
Did some research recently on the Service Public website and it appears that they have been adjusting the laws a bit so that spouses of French citizens are treated a bit more like spouses of other EU nationals. (Nice to know the irony wasn't lost on someone in the government!)

From recent posts here, the big sticking point seems to be getting the "certified" marriage documents. Once that is done, the consulates are pretty good about issuing the livret de famille (which is the real ticket to a visa). With the livret de famille, you should be home free.
Cheers,
Bev

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.