Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why don't you lock all threads which are 6 months and older? This will prevent new users especially, posting in them and saving you a few seconds by not having to lock, delete or start new threads.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am in the process of doing that. Unfortunately, there are over 1100 pages of threads and it's a time consuming, tedious process.
The admin should be able to do it with just a few clicks.

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
Why don't you lock all threads which are 6 months and older? This will prevent new users especially, posting in them and saving you a few seconds by not having to lock, delete or start new threads.

Necroposting is a problem on all forums. If the forum is particularly active, it is much tougher for the mods to stay on top of locking threads.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
But with some if not all other forum softwares, you can mass lock, move, merge, delete etc. via an admin control panel. I'm surpassed this vBulletin hasn't got this option.

What now will take days or weeks to do could have been achieved within minutes.

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
But with some if not all other forum softwares, you can mass lock, move, merge, delete etc. via an admin control panel. I'm surpassed this vBulletin hasn't got this option.

What now will take days or weeks to do could have been achieved within minutes.

Does it matter?

Jo xxx

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Super Moderator
5,183 Posts
Britain Forum is a very active board so it's a time-consuming job.
It took me the better part of half an hour to lock down the Canada branch, and that branch only has about a third of the activity that the UK sees.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.