Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Fantasy Football (NFL)

16K views 178 replies 20 participants last post by  karynm 
#1 ·
Does anyone participate in a fantasy football (NFL) league?

Are fantasy sports even legal in Dubai? Are the fantasy sections of popular websites (ESPN, NFL, Yahoo, CBSSports, etc) blocked?

#2 ·
I'm not sure about there being any physical leagues in dubai (non-internet based).. maybe few and far between.. but you can participate online.. i had mine up on NFL & ESPN last season .. no prob's.. rule of thumb.. as long as any fantasy league you are in, doesn't involve gambling you are in the clear.. the 'for money' fantasy option is a definite no-no.. that's not to say it isn't possible .. but it is risky..

#5 ·
That just astounds me .. how in the world is there no place to watch an NFL game!!! I mean you can watch just about any sport on the face of the planet here.. not Football though... I stick to streaming em ..but not the same thing..

#9 ·
The only games you can really watch 'live' is the sunday noon games. That is nine start time here until the time change in oct, then is ten oclock start time. One has to be pretty die hard to watch nfl over here. I cant wait until preseason.... Is it time yet?????

:D

Reactions: Tackledummy
#17 ·
Was just saying... everyone only wants to see THEIR team.

I got to watch through my parents direct tv account this year and made life wonderful for six months. Can view four games at one time. :D Works good enough overall except it doesnt let you watch the 'local' game in your area. I could watch the Texans but not the Cowboys :( But there is ways around that as well ;)

#18 ·
Jynxgirl said:
Was just saying... everyone only wants to see THEIR team.

I got to watch through my parents direct tv account this year and made life wonderful for six months. Can view four games at one time. :D Works good enough overall except it doesnt let you watch the 'local' game in your area. I could watch the Texans but not the Cowboys :( But there is ways around that as well ;)
After the last season and being a Colts fan I got used to watching just about anyone else :-(

In fact the only live game I went to was the Texxans, I used to live in Houston and still have many friends there.

How did you manage to watch DirecTV? Slingbox?

#19 ·
Nope, had to just go log into my parents account, and if you have such a person, you can purchase the ability to watch online for 50$ if I remember right, (on top of them purchasing the nfl package which my entire family is nfl nuts :p so no issue there). Just logged in, and watched.

If I remember right, didnt even need the extra work around or anything. Just works. :love:

#20 ·
Jynxgirl said:
Nope, had to just go log into my parents account, and if you have such a person, you can purchase the ability to watch online for 50$ if I remember right, (on top of them purchasing the nfl package which my entire family is nfl nuts :p so no issue there). Just logged in, and watched.

If I remember right, didnt even need the extra work around or anything. Just works. :love:
Thanks, I still have a DirecTV account active, I'll check it out.

#25 ·
I got the NFL TV for the playoffs and am definitely doing next season. When you watch the tape delay of the game they cut commercials and half time so you can watch a game in about 90 minutes. And the quality was excellent. Not like MLB.TV where they show you a blank screen for 90 seconds between every half inning.

Now that the Bears have Marshall I can already smell the Super Bowl :)

#28 ·
About the fantasy football league

So its pretty freakin close now to game time !!! :D.. thinking about going ahead and creating a fantasy league on nfl(dot)com .. anyone still interested in joining??? Cant wait for Julio to hit the turf again ..

#34 ·
I already play in two leagues and think a third one is out the question :) At least... It should be. If in the end, there is a spot left, maybe I will play. But if the group feels up, then count me out and let someone else play.

#37 ·
Hey guys,

Sorry about the 'radio-silence', got caught up with work and all that jazz (btw the CPA exams are HARD!! lol) ... anyway getting back to football. I've created the league. Just go to

Join Custom League - Free Fantasy Football | 2012 Fantasy Football - NFL.com

Once there enter the following:

League ID: 936850
Password : dxbrak

After that I'm pretty sure you just follow the directions. Hopefully we have all 10 spots filled up. Alternatively you can go to Join Custom League - Free Fantasy Football | 2012 Fantasy Football - NFL.com to check out the match-ups and stuff... once again sorry for the later reply..

#39 ·
Good Deal!!

GREAT!!! Finally i'm not the only one on that team list hahaha!!! :D

So we got the MiddleEastBeast (nice name! should have thought of that one lol), on-board looking forward to 8 more!!!

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOOOOTTTTBBBAAAAALLLLLL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap2::clap2::clap2:

#41 ·
So i've just changed the draft timing from today @ 8:30 to Sep 1st at 8:00 p.m, gives us a little more time to try and get more people.. (btw we need 5 more people lol).. whatever the number a week from today, we'll draft. Sorry for the late change, hope I didn't mess anyone's schedules up ..

P.S: Also would you guys prefer a live draft (the current setting) or an automatic draft (makes life easy)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.