Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.

I have few queries about a family visit visa, and I hope if someone can help me with them.

The situation is that me and my wife are planning to carry out a wedding party here in the UK once she joins me (currently we're waiting for a visa decision). For the wedding party, we would very much like to have her parents and brother (who she currently lives with) be present at the wedding party. In order to achieve this, we are planning to have them apply for a family visit (as my in laws?) to be able to visit the UK and attend the wedding. I have the following questions about the family visit visa:

Q1 - When applying, do her parents and brother apply as just one application? Or does each one of them need to complete a separate application?

Q2 - Is there a checklist of documents we should supply for the family visit visa?

The following might help when answering the second question:
Her parents and brother are not nationals of the country they will be applying from, however they have leave to remain in that country.
Her father is an investor in a company, so therefore he has ties to the country.
Her brother is working as an electronic engineer in a company. He has a car in his name and the flat tenancy of where they live is also in the brother's name.

So taking into considerations the above, what documents do you recommend we submit? Is there a checklist we could follow for the above situation?

Thanks in advance, and apologies for the long thread.

EDIT: Additionally, what documents should I provide if I sponsor them?

·
Registered
340 Posts
They will need to show strong ties to prove that they will return. Bank statements and letters from the company they work for confirming employment, leave granted and date person is expected back to work. Current utility bills. You will need to send them a letter of invite, including a utility bill and proof of accommodation for them unless they are booked into a hotel, then provide booking details.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They will need to show strong ties to prove that they will return. Bank statements and letters from the company they work for confirming employment, leave granted and date person is expected back to work. Current utility bills. You will need to send them a letter of invite, including a utility bill and proof of accommodation for them unless they are booked into a hotel, then provide booking details.
Thanks for your reply.

Would it be useful submitting a provisional or actual wedding venue booking to further proof that the visit is for the wedding?

·
Registered
340 Posts
Thanks for your reply. Would it be useful submitting a provisional or actual wedding venue booking to further proof that the visit is for the wedding?
I would also show air tickets booked with return dates, wedding invite, they will need to show their current status in their country I would think. All passports. There are guidance notes on what documentation a tourist should submit.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would also show air tickets booked with return dates, wedding invite, they will need to show their current status in their country I would think. All passports. There are guidance notes on what documentation a tourist should submit.
Are you saying they should actually book their return tickets before submitting the application? Or just proposed itinerary?

·
Registered
340 Posts
Are you saying they should actually book their return tickets before submitting the application? Or just proposed itinerary?
Sorry seems you don't need to show that for UK entry. Here is a basic list

Section 1: documents you must provide – all visitors

Valid travel document (national passport or other document that allows the holder to travel internationally)

One passport-sized photograph – see passport photo requirements.
Section 2: other documents you may want to provide – all

visitors

This section provides guidance on the types of documents that you may want to provide to help us consider your application against the Immigration Rules.

Previous travel documents/passports, which show previous travel.
Financial documents showing that you have sufficient funds available. These must

clearly show that you have access to the funds, such as:

 bank statements

 building society book

 proof of earnings such as a letter from employer confirming employment details

(start date of employment, salary, role, company contact details)

 where a third party (who is either in the UK or who will be legally in the UK at

the time of your visit) is providing financial support to you e.g. a business, a friend or a relative, documents to show they have sufficient resources to support you in addition to themselves and any dependant family should be provided

Confirmation of legal residence, if you are not a national of the country in which you are applying or your right to reside there is not included in your passport.

Details of employment or studies where you have stated in your application that you are either employed or in full-time studies. This could include:

 a letter from your employer on company headed paper, detailing your role, salary and length of employment

 a letter from your education provider, on headed paper, confirming your enrolment and leave of absence

If self employed: business registration documents confirming the business owner’s name and the date the business started trading.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Three separate applications, though you can arrange biometrics for the same date/consecutive slots and share some of the documents (like your letter of offer re accommodation).

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Three separate applications, though you can arrange biometrics for the same date/consecutive slots and share some of the documents (like your letter of offer re accommodation).
Just a question about this.

We can provide evidence for her brother and father ties in the country they're applying from. However can her mother's application share the same documents for proving ties to the country as her father for example?

The UKVI documents (provided in this topic) says the following:
"if you are applying as a family/group you do not need to provide multiple copies
of the same documents"

So it means we can provide the same proof of ties to the country for everyone?

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
It doesn't mean that. You can provide one piece of evidence for all three only if the evidence concerns all three of them individually. So for example, if all three of them work in the family business, you can attach one letter mentioning all three with their expected date of return.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It doesn't mean that. You can provide one piece of evidence for all three only if the evidence concerns all three of them individually. So for example, if all three of them work in the family business, you can attach one letter mentioning all three with their expected date of return.
Thanks for your reply

Since her mother is not employed, are there other ways to prove her ties to the country? Her mother is a resident as well in the country, and her residence is based on her husband's (the father) residence as an investor. Would that be sufficient for the mother documents?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes, possibly.
Thank for you reply Joppa.

One last question please if I may.

If the ECO is not satisfied with one of the three applicants, would that affect the other two? For example if he's not satisfied with the brother documents, would that affect the decision for the father and the mother?

Also does the ECO take the age of the applicant into consideration? For example older applicant pose less risk than younger ones?

Thanks again.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
No, visa may still be issued to the other two.
Age? Possibly but they aren't allowed to discriminate on account of age. Everyone is given equal chance.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.