Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everybody. I posted earlier this year when my husband was refused entry to the UK, and received some excellent advice from Joppa (thank you!). I am British, my husband is from NZ, and at the time, since we didn't have a solid place of residence (travelling through Europe), my husband found himself denied entry to the UK, as they believed he was trying to live there, or that he wouldn't leave when he said he would... In the end, we did not apply for a visitor visa immediately, and had to travel elsewhere anyway.

Our circumstances have now recently changed and my husband has a new job and we are residents in Turkey. We have residence permits here. My husband doesn't work in any one country, but travels globally as a company employee, and due the countries that he visits, he owns two passports for travelling to countries sensitive to each other's stamps etc...

I have no clear idea which is the best way to proceed, ultimately, we just want to be able to move freely in and out of the UK for visits etc. We don't yet have the savings required to meet the spouse visa requirements, but could do in 6 months time. If we apply for a family visit visa, I am worried about submitting his passport for application because only one of them shows his recent travel history, and the other one of them shows his refusal stamp, and basically he doesn't want the other one affected too with a refusal stamp if he submits it!

Also, I am unsure whether the evidence we have that we are resident here in Turkey is enough, we don't yet have a rental agreement, staying in serviced apartments. We can get a letter from my husband's employer to confirm that they have based him in Turkey, but will this be enough?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, we don't want to mess up his future applications any further by applying for the wrong visa etc. I wondered if we waited and applied for the spouse visa whether it would prove a better option??

Sorry for the long post, I hope it is not too confusing.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.