Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am in the process of applying Family Sponsored Visitor visa (Subclass 600) for my mother-in-law. Can I be a sponsor ( I being the Son-in-law of the Visa applicant). Because for the Family Sponsored Visitor visa we need to fill in the form 1149 and the form says, there is no provision for fiances, cousins, friends or in-laws. So just want to confirm whether I can be a sponsor.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
458 Posts
As per my knowledge, 600 is a visitor visa, and does not require sponsorship:
Visitor visa (subclass 600)

I think you are talking about Relative Visa:
Please look at it here: Relative visa options

EDIT: I stand corrected, I saw the Sponsored Family keyword. May I know how long you are planning to bring in respective relative?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, Thank you for your reply. I am not looking at Relative Visa option. It is a Visitor visa where it has an option of 'Family Sponsored Visa'

·
Super Moderator
1,721 Posts
Yes looks like.

" The sponsor must also be one of the following:
a relative (partner, parent, child, brother, sister, grandparent, grandchild, aunt, uncle, niece, nephew, or the 'step' or adopted equivalent of any of these)
a relative of a person who is a member of the family unit of the applicant and who is also applying for a Sponsored Family Visitor visa
a member of an Australian Parliament (Commonwealth, state or territory)
an authorised person representing the Australian Government, state or territory department or instrumentality
a local government mayor.

There are no provisions for fiancés, in-laws, cousins, or friends to provide a sponsorship. "

Girl Aussie

Hi, Thank you for your reply. I am not looking at Relative Visa option. It is a Visitor visa where it has an option of 'Family Sponsored Visa'

·
Super Moderator
1,721 Posts
Incorrect info: visitor visa is comprised of two type: General Visit Visa and 2nd Sponsored family visa which needs Sponsor.

Girl Aussie

As per my knowledge, 600 is a visitor visa, and does not require sponsorship:
Visitor visa (subclass 600)

I think you are talking about Relative Visa:
Please look at it here: Relative visa options

EDIT: I stand corrected, I saw the Sponsored Family keyword. May I know how long you are planning to bring in respective relative?

·
Registered
458 Posts
Incorrect info: visitor visa is comprised of two type: General Visit Visa and 2nd Sponsored family visa which needs Sponsor.

Girl Aussie
:) Thats why I mentioned edit , I stand corrected :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts