Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hie.... l phoned DIAC today enquiring why l still had not been allocated a case officer. to my surprise l was told that l had already been allocated a case officer, on the 29th of Aug 2013..... its 12 days now since the allocation but l have not heard from him/her......

G

·
Thats not a problem. They dont contact you just to let you know or chat. They will only be in touch if and when they need something from you. If you prepared a good application that may only be when they want medicals and PCC.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you very much. l lodged my application with all the documents required, thus the medicals and the pcc...

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
nice here that. what is ur occupation code ?

·
Registered
44 Posts
my code is 233111 chemical engineer
Hi antho,

We have the same occupational code. Are you family sponsored?
Hope you could share your timelines.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi antho,

We have the same occupational code. Are you family sponsored?
Hope you could share your timelines.

Yes la m family sponsored, my bro is sponsoring....

E0I was submitted early January; invitation 01/07/2013;lodged 04/07/2013; CO allocated 29/08/2013

·
Registered
1,021 Posts

E0I was submitted early January; invitation 01/07/2013;lodged 04/07/2013; CO allocated 29/08/2013
oh you have got 7 months to get EOI, thats why ppl are saying 489 is slow?

·
Registered
1,021 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts

Wow we almost have the same timelines! I also applied EOI last January even limit has reached for Chemical Engineers. I havent been contacted by CO though...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
oh rather occupation ceiling had been reached
hie... you are right, its nothing to do with slowness, its just that the nominated occupation had reached its ceiling and thus they could not make anymore invites. the other thing is that........, if you noticed on 1 July 2013 there was quite a number of invites, its like they put all invites on hold waiting for the ushering of the new visa fees, so that we would meet the visa fee hikes, to their advantage. that is the game

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow we almost have the same timelines! I also applied EOI last January even limit has reached for Chemical Engineers. I havent been contacted by CO though...

thats exactly whats happening with me, the CO has not contacted me either..... l only found out recently(yesterday) after calling DIAC customer care, that l had long been given a CO....Interestingly he/she has never contacted me.....

·
Registered
44 Posts
to me that does not make any sense, what can be put on hold is invites on the EOI if an occupation ceiling has been reached.....
Agree. This cant be true for applicants awaiting their grants as their slot has been already counted. I believe the member who posted that thread has already been granted her 489 visa. Seems CO overlooked it.

·
Registered
476 Posts
is there any one got invitation after august under 489FS category?

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
for IT at least should have 65+

·
Registered
903 Posts
shoud be 65,, but currently all 60 poitns r on hold through 489, even thou it depends on region to region....currently all IT occupation r in black list.. One of my frnd got invited in just 2 hours, his occupation is electrical engineer...without supplying experience. based on just indian local collegen graduation

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Agree. This cant be true for applicants awaiting their grants as their slot has been already counted. I believe the member who posted that thread has already been granted her 489 visa. Seems CO overlooked it.

Hie Fellow Engineer...... What are the job prospects for chemical engineer.... Do you have a job offer already?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts