Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I have found such a lot of useful info here .
I am 47 years old , my husband is 40 .
We want to emigrate to Australia in about 2/3 years. My husband is a fork lift truck driver with secondary education only , plus lisences for his job . We cannot go the skilled migrant visa route because he hasn't a wanted trade or enough points.
My brother has been a resident in Aus for 3 years and is about to be given his citizenship . He and his partner work and own property without mortgage .

Does anyone know if he can sponsor my husband and 1 under a family sponsored visa even though we have not enough points for a skilled visa . We would be moving to buy a property without mortgage and my husband would work as a flt driver .

I am not sure of the number of this type of visa , the 176 is for skilled family sponsor I think .

Any help would be great
Sally

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
176 is still a skilled visa, the sponsorship means the points test is 100 passing instead of 120. You'd still need a skills assessment to get this visa.

To be honest the most efficient way I see to get here is for your husband to actually get a trade qualification.

Hello I have found such a lot of useful info here .
I am 47 years old , my husband is 40 .
We want to emigrate to Australia in about 2/3 years. My husband is a fork lift truck driver with secondary education only , plus lisences for his job . We cannot go the skilled migrant visa route because he hasn't a wanted trade or enough points.
My brother has been a resident in Aus for 3 years and is about to be given his citizenship . He and his partner work and own property without mortgage .

Does anyone know if he can sponsor my husband and 1 under a family sponsored visa even though we have not enough points for a skilled visa . We would be moving to buy a property without mortgage and my husband would work as a flt driver .

I am not sure of the number of this type of visa , the 176 is for skilled family sponsor I think .

Any help would be great
Sally

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
176 is still a skilled visa, the sponsorship means the points test is 100 passing instead of 120. You'd still need a skills assessment to get this visa.

To be honest the most efficient way I see to get here is for your husband to actually get a trade qualification.
Thanks for the reply
I guess we will have to see if that is a possibility .
Sally

1 - 3 of 3 Posts