Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have a Family Permit and will be travelling with my fiancee in June.
I would like to know if I will be asked to show anything at inmmigrations beyond my family permit. Do they ask to show money for the period of the FP?
A permanent address?
My fiancee and I have booked a hostel for 1 week and meanwhile we will look for a permanent room. Will be that enough?
The second questions is: Does it matter that my returning ticket date is after the expiration of my FP? We are looking forward to apply for residence that is why...
Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
5,181 Posts
Hi,
I would like to know if I will be asked to show anything at inmmigrations beyond my family permit. Do they ask to show money for the period of the FP?
A permanent address?
My fiancee and I have booked a hostel for 1 week and meanwhile we will look for a permanent room. Will be that enough?
The second questions is: Does it matter that my returning ticket date is after the expiration of my FP? We are looking forward to apply for residence that is why...
Thank you!
Can't help you much with your questions except to say

1) the UKBA agents will likely question you at length if you and your fiancée try to enter on a Family Permit, especially if your fiancée is a UK citizen.

I was questioned by the border agent when I tried to return to London from an overnight stay in Paris. The agent asked me how I knew Ed... we said that we were engaged. The agent then asked about our wedding plans. We told them that I had no plans on getting married on this current trip, but planned to marry in November and that after I got a visa, I would come back to the UK for the wedding. She (the border agent) seemed satisfied with this response and let me return to London to conclude my stay.

2) You will technically be overstaying your visa if you keep your date of departure from the UK as it is... THIS IS A BAD THING and could very well jeopardize your chances for residency.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Hi,
I would like to know if I will be asked to show anything at inmmigrations beyond my family permit:
1) Do they ask to show money for the period of the FP?
2) A permanent address?
No and no. But they might ask you for your Fiancee's whereabouts. That's why at the airport you both should queue together.
As it stands, securing housing is becoming a bit difficult, particularly in London. If I may, try to make provisions (have the money available) to extend your stay for more days.
The second questions is: Does it matter that my returning ticket date is after the expiration of my FP?
No.
We are looking forward to apply for residence that is why...
Thank you!
Once ready to apply for your RC, come back. We'll help you.

Animo
(Cheers)

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Can't help you much with your questions except to say ..........

2) You will technically be overstaying your visa if you keep your date of departure from the UK as it is... THIS IS A BAD THING and could very well jeopardize your chances for residency.
OP will be entering the UK under the European Freedom of Movement Directive 2004/38/EC « freedom of movement in the EU, hence "overstaying" a visa doesn't apply to him/her.

However, if his/her sponsor stops EXERCISING TREATY RIGHTS, then OP will have to pack and go home.

Animo
(Cheers)

·
Super Moderator
5,181 Posts
OP will be entering the UK under the European Freedom of Movement Directive 2004/38/EC « freedom of movement in the EU, hence "overstaying" a visa doesn't apply to him/her.

However, if his/her sponsor stops EXERCISING TREATY RIGHTS, then OP will have to pack and go home.

Animo
(Cheers)
O.k. sounds good. Wasn't sure how his current visa applied in his proposed situation.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Animo
(Cheers)
Thank you very much Jorge.
I have read the Directive 2004/38/EC « freedom of movement in the EU. It seems I can freely move through EU... My FP expires in October 4th and I thought after this date I couldn't travel out UK until I get my RC. Is this correct? Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Thank you very much Jorge.
I have read the Directive 2004/38/EC « freedom of movement in the EU. It seems I can freely move through EU... My FP expires in October 4th and I thought after this date I couldn't travel out UK until I get my RC. Is this correct? Thanks again!
Even if your FP has expired, but you have your original passport, you are free and welcome to go anywhere you please. Nonetheless, you will have to apply for another EEA Family Permit at any visa issuing post if you intend to return to the UK.

Let me elaborate:
1) You enter the UK
2) 5 months later you decide to apply for your RC (Form EEA2)
3) A month later an emergency arises, you need to travel
4) You request UKBA your passport (takes about 2 business days)
5) *Your RC application will continue its due course*
6) Now you want to come back to the UK, but your FP has expired
7) You apply for a new FP
8) You enter the UK

Even though I am a RC holder and an advocate of freedom and liberties, last week I was "asked" twice for my wife at Heathrow. With that being said, procure your RC first then do your traveling.

Animo
(Cheers)

Reactions: pach_117
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.