Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,
I am a UK citizen who has applied for PR to Canada. Our application if finally being reviewed, 2.5 years after we first sent it in. So now the clock is ticking, and we think we should be approved by this time next year, if not sooner. We won't move in the winter, so we're looking at spring of 2010.

My husband and I have a daughter, 15 months, and are working on another. I just want to know, from those of you with experience, what kinds of things we should start doing NOW.

Is it too soon to look for job recruitment agents? Scout areas we may want to live? Find a shipping or relocation agent? Start saving C$???? What about shipping.....what are the average costs? How many fact finding trips will we need - 1, 2?

Our plan is to lease a townhouse for the first year, while we look for our dream house. That is the only thing set in stone. Other than that, I have no idea how this is all going to come about.

I'd appreciate your tips, guidance, funny anecdotes or advice on pitfalls. I know this is a really generalist email, but hope you can help me!

:confused::(:confused::confused2::confused:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It seems I cannot count....I meant we are looking at spring 2011.

Hello Everyone,
I am a UK citizen who has applied for PR to Canada. Our application if finally being reviewed, 2.5 years after we first sent it in. So now the clock is ticking, and we think we should be approved by this time next year, if not sooner. We won't move in the winter, so we're looking at spring of 2010.

My husband and I have a daughter, 15 months, and are working on another. I just want to know, from those of you with experience, what kinds of things we should start doing NOW.

Is it too soon to look for job recruitment agents? Scout areas we may want to live? Find a shipping or relocation agent? Start saving C$???? What about shipping.....what are the average costs? How many fact finding trips will we need - 1, 2?

Our plan is to lease a townhouse for the first year, while we look for our dream house. That is the only thing set in stone. Other than that, I have no idea how this is all going to come about.

I'd appreciate your tips, guidance, funny anecdotes or advice on pitfalls. I know this is a really generalist email, but hope you can help me!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi Abi's Mummy,

My honest opinion would be to wait until your PR app is approved before you start looking at recruitment. A fact finding trip would be good, to give you a taster and look at areas to live. There is not much point in looking into shipping/relocation companies yet as between now and 2011 prices and services are likely to change, and most wont give you an aproximate cost they will want to visit your home and measure things.

Have you any ideas where in Canada you would like to live?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Abi's Mummy,

My honest opinion would be to wait until your PR app is approved before you start looking at recruitment. A fact finding trip would be good, to give you a taster and look at areas to live. There is not much point in looking into shipping/relocation companies yet as between now and 2011 prices and services are likely to change, and most wont give you an aproximate cost they will want to visit your home and measure things.

Have you any ideas where in Canada you would like to live?
Thanks White Rose. We want to locate to Mississauga.

·
Registered
22 Posts
moving

Hello Everyone,

WE now have the go ahead and are moving April?early May 2010. the removal company are coming to assess our stuff in a couple of weeks but they said it should be about £3500=£4000 for the average 3 bed house, depending where you want to locate to. That includes listing all items for customs ( otherwise aparantly you may have to pay import duty!!!!!!!!!!!) packing and un packing at destination. It is a bit more for westcoast relocations as your container has to go on the train too.Its getting exciting now huge listsof things to do ,people to ring ect, oh also a house to sell.
good luck keep us posted
Barbara

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.