Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there, I'm just currently looking at apartments in Benidorm for a holiday home.

I have been keeping my eye on the rightmove (Spanish version) and HomeEspana.

What they don't mention is the cost of communal swimming pools and grounds fee's.. ?

Would that be something I would OBVIOUSLY look into with the estate agent when I have found a property? Or is it something I'm missing on the sites?

Thank you in advance.:humble:

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
Hello there, I'm just currently looking at apartments in Benidorm for a holiday home.

I have been keeping my eye on the rightmove (Spanish version) and HomeEspana.

What they don't mention is the cost of communal swimming pools and grounds fee's.. ?

Would that be something I would OBVIOUSLY look into with the estate agent when I have found a property? Or is it something I'm missing on the sites?

Thank you in advance.:humble:
Sometimes I have seen the amount of the monthly community fees to cover these costs included in estate agents' advertisements on the property portal websites, but very often they are not. We've recently bought an apartment ourselves as our new permanent home, and for every property we viewed I had to ask that question of the estate agent as it wasn't publicised in advance.

Something else to ask them is "what is the catastral value of the property?". (Roughly equivalent to the old rateable value in the UK). This is because the official value the Spanish tax office has for the property is based on that. If you buy an apartment very cheaply, for a sum which is below the "official" value, as well as paying the transfer tax at the time of purchase, you are highly likely to receive a further bill in the future from the tax office, for the additional transfer tax due on the difference between the price you actually paid and their official value. Best checked out in advance to avoid any nasty shocks further down the line.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Hi, I live in Benidorm and find it such a great place to live. I have not bought here but rent a nice apartment on the outskirts.
If i can help - apart from recommending estate agents - let me know.
Steve

1 - 5 of 5 Posts