Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

I began working for my family business after my engineering graduation. I have 4 years of experience in the business as a Technical Manager. But I however don't have a letter of joining or any pay slips. I have a letterhead with proof that I have worked for the company in my role. Will that be good enough?

(I am currently preparing my CDR where I am giving 3 technical experiences from my academic work. But I am not mentioning anything related to work in my entire CDR and will claim no points for experience).

Regards.

·
Registered
318 Posts
First of all, this letter is supposed to be sufficient. I didn't provide a joining letter or a contract. I only provided one payment slip out of over than 10 years of experience as this was the only one I had.

Furthermore, as you are not claiming any points from work experience and your career episodes are not on basis of work experience, you don't have to provide any employment proof.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First of all, this letter is supposed to be sufficient. I didn't provide a joining letter or a contract. I only provided one payment slip out of over than 10 years of experience as this was the only one I had.

Furthermore, as you are not claiming any points from work experience and your career episodes are not on basis of work experience, you don't have to provide any employment proof.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you:)

·
Registered
110 Posts
I agree with egyman. Even though you won't be claiming points , while lodging for visa (later on) they will ask for resume, employment history, reference or experience letter and other supporting documents.

Why I say so , because I've been asked all this by case officer.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree with egyman. Even though you won't be claiming points , while lodging for visa (later on) they will ask for resume, employment history, reference or experience letter and other supporting documents.

Why I say so , because I've been asked all this by case officer.

Hi maraikayer.

Which supporting documents are you talking about? I guess one employment proof document in the CDR should be enough along with a mention in the resume.

Regards.:)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hi maraikayer.

Which supporting documents are you talking about? I guess one employment proof document in the CDR should be enough along with a mention in the resume.

Regards.:)
For engineers australia , your resume is more than enough, sometimes they may ask experience certificate for me they didn't ask whereas for my friend they asked.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Hi.

I began working for my family business after my engineering graduation. I have 4 years of experience in the business as a Technical Manager. But I however don't have a letter of joining or any pay slips. I have a letterhead with proof that I have worked for the company in my role. Will that be good enough?

(I am currently preparing my CDR where I am giving 3 technical experiences from my academic work. But I am not mentioning anything related to work in my entire CDR and will claim no points for experience).

Regards.
Dear omarahmedkhan.

Was the Family business Engineering based.If yes then you can develop projects on it and you can easily get recommendation from your organisation. Otherwise Just develop career episodes using Academic projects,but in your CV you can mentioned that you work in the family business.

Regards
RicTon

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.