Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 220 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are moving to Australia on Permanant residents Visa in Feb 2014.

My husband and I work in the IT industry. Both of us would leave our current job to start this new phase in our lives.

I am sure there are many families like us in this forum. Lets share each others experiences .

It would be great to know each other and hope we would make some firends too :) .

·
Registered
69 Posts
hi,

Even we planning to move next year..still awaiting grant...

lets keep in touch and keep sharing our experiences..

·
Registered
530 Posts
Count me in :)

Reactions: piya

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hi,

I am planning to visit Sydney with family in Feb 2014 to validate my Visa.

Not decided on the permanent move.

Regards

PK

Reactions: rahulmenda and piya

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's nice to hear from all of you.

My husband would be in Melborne from 27th dec to 31st dec for visa validation. And we would move permanently in February next year.

Meanwhile we would be searching for job. We know it's nearly impossible to get a job from anywhere outside Australia. But we feel that this would give us a good feel about the job market.

Let us keep in touch and see how we can help each other.

·
Registered
26 Posts
It's nice to hear from all of you.

My husband would be in Melborne from 27th dec to 31st dec for visa validation. And we would move permanently in February next year.

Meanwhile we would be searching for job. We know it's nearly impossible to get a job from anywhere outside Australia. But we feel that this would give us a good feel about the job market.

Let us keep in touch and see how we can help each other.
Hi

My husband and I are planning to move by Feb end 2014 to Melbourne. We are also from IT industry and have to look out for job.

We should get in touch and further help each other.

Reactions: rahulmenda

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hello
Even I am moving in jan and my wife will join me in may.
I will pm you my email we can reach out further.
Thanks
Sudhakar

hi,

Is it not required that all of the PR holders need to go together to validate visa ?

In my case , I am primary applicant . We are planning to go together (me , husband,son) to validate the visa. After that I will return in a week or so . My husband will continue to stay there and find a job .Once he settles, we will make a permanent move

I am from IT field and he is into Sales & Marketing ...

regards
manju

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello Guys,

Me along with my husband are planning a move to Sydney in March 1st week though tickets are still not booked.We are from Bangalore and planning for permanent move.

Lets stay connected and help each other.

Regards,
Meena

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hi,

I am planning to visit Sydney with family in Feb 2014 to validate my Visa.

Not decided on the permanent move.

Regards

PK

Change of plans.

Travelling to Brisbane instead of Sydney.

Tickets booked in Singapore airlines - 1.5L for 3 (2 Adults+Infant)
Will post experiences after the trip.

Cheers

PK

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hi folks,

We are also planning a move in mid March, to either Sydney or Melbourne. Would like to hear from people about initial accommodation - planning to stay at hotels/lodging until we find a place to rent? What are the plans regarding this?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello All,

We all are planning to be in Melbourne from 31-Dec for a week for validation. Will need to still plan for a permanent move, hopefully within Q1 or Q2. Both my wife and I are in the IT industry but would need to start looking for jobs. Let's stay in touch!

One question - we dont need to have any visa stamped / pasted on our passports to be able to enter Australia, just the prints of the IMMI Grant Notification should be sufficient, correct?

Thanks!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hello All,

We all are planning to be in Melbourne from 31-Dec for a week for validation. Will need to still plan for a permanent move, hopefully within Q1 or Q2. Both my wife and I are in the IT industry but would need to start looking for jobs. Let's stay in touch!

One question - we dont need to have any visa stamped / pasted on our passports to be able to enter Australia, just the prints of the IMMI Grant Notification should be sufficient, correct?

Thanks!
That's Correct.. No Visa Label Required

Enjoy your travel and do post your first experiences .

Cheers
PK

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,

Me and my wife have been recently granted PR.. we have to validate our Visas too and are planning to Migrate to australia post March 2014. I am in the IT industry too and have 7+ years experience in SAP

1 - 20 of 220 Posts