Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Just started thinking about Australia. I have a brother who lives out there and now the thought is going through myself and partners minds

We have a 2 and 3 year old, he is a Deckhand going on to be a Mate and I'm a beautician and work for myself.

I did read a few months ago that theres too many Beauticians in Australia

Can whole families emegrate?

x

·
Registered
138 Posts
Yes if either of your jobs is on the skills list I believe you can. Also as you work for yourself then you may be able to get a business visa or possibly your brother could sponsor you?? I'm no expert tho so have a look on immi.gov.au there's a visa wizard in there that could help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi

Just started thinking about Australia. I have a brother who lives out there and now the thought is going through myself and partners minds

We have a 2 and 3 year old, he is a Deckhand going on to be a Mate and I'm a beautician and work for myself.

I did read a few months ago that theres too many Beauticians in Australia

Can whole families emegrate?

x
Hi,

I am an Aussie, still living here but thinking of moving OS.

Re too many Beauticians in AU. That depends on where you are planning on settling. I live on the Gold Coast and they are near falling over each other here up here, but that said, the GC is the "hub" of tanning, beauty and sorry to say near all things "plastic". As such, another Beautician vying for a spot in the market would be well accepted. If however you were to move somewhere more remote, then I don't know if there would be call for all that many new beauticians.

As to your brother already living here, does he have full residency or is he on a visa? If he is on a visa then he would not be able to sponsor you.

As for whole families. I think that has much to do with the credentials you and your spouse have in your chosen fields AND if you already have job placement promised. On both those counts, then only the employer would need to "sponsor" the move, that is not to say though that they will cover all your expenses TO move.

I only know all this stuff as I was trying to help a friend in the UK come down here.

If you have any more questions I could try and answer them as best I can for you.

CBK.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.