Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our generation (the 55's to 65's) were responsible for so many social and cultural changes.
We rejected the old values and effectively created what became "youth culture". We protested for changes in society, we broke all the rules, and rebelled against "The Man".

Now....fast forward 40 years....and what are that generation doing?

Well I'll tell you what they're doing!

Number One....WHINGING!
"My pension has shrunk".....so [email protected] what! Wait till your penis has shrunk then you've got a reason to whine!
"I can't get Bisto Gravy"......don't worry about Bisto Gravy....worry about the fact that you're a sad [email protected]
"The Spanish have got it in for Brits"....no...the Spanish have only got it in for [email protected] and you're probably the nearest one.

Number One....CONFORMING!
Yes....the generation that protested against and rejected everything....is now utterly obsessed with conforming.
"Have you got a dangerous dog licence?"...."Have you replated your bike?"...."Have you had a driving licence medical?"....."Have you renewed your permission to take a dump licence?" No, no, no, and no! And I'm not going to either! Cos I'm bad to the bone!

The sad fact of the matter is that every day in every way, the fallen heros of the 60's bend over and willingly get bureaucratically sodomised.

Obsessed with conforming and following every rule and regulation to the letter....no matter how trivial and insignificant is the legacy we're now leaving!
And the Spanish laugh at us!

30 years ago I just don't remember my contemporaries being so sad and pitiful. Sure, there was the odd boring [email protected] to be sure....but they were a small minority! Now....The Saddo Rules!

I'm embarrassed that so many have sold out to The Man....and have become more petty and more pedantic than the narrow minded generation that came before us.

Wise up! We're not getting any younger! So make plans to give it large on the final straight!
Get a life! Get a personality! Hell....even get a Hooker if you have to!
And if you can't manage that.....just STFU with your whinging!

When I was 18 back in 1972 I heard this song first....and the message has stayed with me all my life!
May be too late for some of you lot.....but it's the only lifeline you're gonna get now!

·
Registered
626 Posts
Our generation (the 55's to 65's) were responsible for so many social and cultural changes.
We rejected the old values and effectively created what became "youth culture". We protested for changes in society, we broke all the rules, and rebelled against "The Man".

Now....fast forward 40 years....and what are that generation doing?

Well I'll tell you what they're doing!

Number One....WHINGING!
"My pension has shrunk".....so [email protected] what! Wait till your penis has shrunk then you've got a reason to whine!
"I can't get Bisto Gravy"......don't worry about Bisto Gravy....worry about the fact that you're a sad [email protected]
"The Spanish have got it in for Brits"....no...the Spanish have only got it in for [email protected] and you're probably the nearest one.

Number One....CONFORMING!
Yes....the generation that protested against and rejected everything....is now utterly obsessed with conforming.
"Have you got a dangerous dog licence?"...."Have you replated your bike?"...."Have you had a driving licence medical?"....."Have you renewed your permission to take a dump licence?" No, no, no, and no! And I'm not going to either! Cos I'm bad to the bone!

The sad fact of the matter is that every day in every way, the fallen heros of the 60's bend over and willingly get bureaucratically sodomised.

Obsessed with conforming and following every rule and regulation to the letter....no matter how trivial and insignificant is the legacy we're now leaving!
And the Spanish laugh at us!

30 years ago I just don't remember my contemporaries being so sad and pitiful. Sure, there was the odd boring [email protected] to be sure....but they were a small minority! Now....The Saddo Rules!

I'm embarrassed that so many have sold out to The Man....and have become more petty and more pedantic than the narrow minded generation that came before us.

Wise up! We're not getting any younger! So make plans to give it large on the final straight!
Get a life! Get a personality! Hell....even get a Hooker if you have to!
And if you can't manage that.....just STFU with your whinging!

When I was 18 back in 1972 I heard this song first....and the message has stayed with me all my life!
May be too late for some of you lot.....but it's the only lifeline you're gonna get now!

YouTube - Argent - Hold Your Head Up

oh no wtf extreme's been on the magic mushrooms again ;)
party time cave style

·
Registered
626 Posts
I've given you a government health warning on the title dear!!!

Jo xxx
u got them woolies out yet jo or is the weather still ok ?
we go out to benidorm on the 19th :) can't wait :clap2:
then we are planning the return to jo jo land again :eek::eek::eek:

·
Registered
348 Posts
u got them woolies out yet jo or is the weather still ok ?
we go out to benidorm on the 19th :) can't wait :clap2:
then we are planning the return to jo jo land again :eek::eek::eek:
You could just be right X

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.