Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FAIR GO TO ALL is the message of the prime minister of australia.
I lodged an applications for a visas subclass 175 on the 20 february 2009 so far they change the rules and pull out a csl mean I may have to wait until end of 2012 to be granted my visas is that fair ???,you play by the rules den one day they change rules and that apply to you even if the changes has been made after you lodges your applications ,I change my life from top to bottom new country new job...so I ask them a ruff idea of time ,month or years but they can not even answer that theyre answer is YOU HAVE TO LOOK ON OUR WEBSITE HAS WE HAVE PRIORITY DUE TO THE NEW CSL ,I explain them that i want build my own buisness and for that I need a time table for loans ;banking ,patent and.....
I little pist off but I really like OZ so be happy to wait to 2012 but come on just give eus a RUFF TIME TABLE and I cant put a buisness plan on stand-by for two year I'm turning 33 and it whould have be in australia due to the past applications process but now they just make my life turn on standby for the next 2 years,due to the new change this is **** up. the worst parth I have to be back and wait in france witch make me mad ,france is my own country but i just want go back there on holidays once every decade not more.so does anyone know how long is going to be after a full year I got not feed back from adelaide,and do anyone where I can have a real answer for a ruff idea on the time needed for the applications thanks

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
Unfortunately they often change the rules (this has been going on for years) but this one has been more drastic than previous ones.

I think that any time scales would be pure guesswork at the moment.

Sorry I wish I had better news for you. You can try contacting agents but I don't think that they know anything more.

Regards,
Karen

·
Registered
619 Posts
they change the rules and pull out a csl mean I may have to wait until end of 2012 to be granted my visas is that fair ???
Welcome to the club. Your not alone in this situation. No one can give you a definite answer on this, it is impossible to tell when your visa will be processed. Also with the new SOL to be introduced mid-year, this could affect processing times even more.

The only step you can take is to try and bump yourself up the priority list a little more. This could be done by applying for state sponsorship, which could get your from priority 7 to priority 5. Also, there will be new State Migration Plans introduced, which could give some State Sponsored Applicants priority 2.

·
Registered
315 Posts
"Fair go" cannot possibly apply to all 6.5 billion people but only the selected few applicants who conform to the rules. Granted, this time the rules affect applicants who are already in the pipeline. Quite unfair, IMHO.

My colleague who just got his SG PR is waiting for his the OZ PR refund. He's been waiting for 4+ years and still counting. My CA PR took six long years from start to finish.

Host countries should remember that qualified folks do not wait forever. Life must go on - yes - even for folks desperate to leave.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts