Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Feel free to pick our brains anytime Charles.:)
QUOTE=Veronica;208390]Feel free to pick our brains anytime Charles.:)[/QUOTE]

Hi Veronica. We are intending to come to Cyprus about 9th March for a 'working holiday' so we can look at areas to live. We are booking the flights soon and have seen an apartment at Chlorakas Beach that we like the look of but do not know what that area is like. Have you heard of it or ever been there??

We do intend to get a car but we love walking so we need to try to find out if there are footpaths/walkways to shops, restaurants nearby. I have emailed the landlord but prefer getting independent info so if you can help it would be most welcome

It seems reasonably close to Paphos and the airport which would suit us for this trip and the car would enable us to get to the likes of Larnaca/Paphos etc so we can get a feel for living rather than holidaying in Cyprus.

Many thanks once again for your help

·
Registered
915 Posts
Charles,
I have moved your message to a new thread as the discussion has moved away from the topic of internet connections.

As regards the walking/hiking routes, the Cyprus Tourism Organisation (CTO) publishes a useful booklet of walking, hiking and cycling routes. I know you can pick this booklet up at the tourist information office in baggage reclaim at Larnaca airport, I guess you should be able to do the same at Paphos airport. I suggest you contact the CTO for more information.

·
Super Moderator
12,544 Posts
Hi Charles,

There are good walks all along the coast from Paphos through to Coral Bay. Chloraka is around halfway between the two so there will be walking opportunities in both directions.
There are also plenty of restaurants in that area and more and more shops are opening along the Paphos to Coral bay road.
It will take you around 30 minutes to the airport which is the other side of Paphos from Chloraka.
Into Paphos town centre will take around 10-15 minutes.

Veronica

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.